Snorkel and Duel Batteries on 03 d22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PWR2W8

Reaction score
I am hoping someone on here can set me straight or throw some ideas around, I am wanting to fit a snorkel with the YD25 prefilter bypass and I also want a dual battery setup for the fridge. Can I fit both or is it a case of one or the other?
Cheers, Matt

You will need a yd25 intake pipe
this gives you the required room for a 2nd battery under hood
see nizzbits he has them

Hi, I have the same year nav, I also went the Y25 piping to bypass the prefilter, you have 2 spots under the bonnet where you can fit a second battery on the 03 model, 1st is up front passenger side where basically your pre cleaner and piping would go, directly opposite starter battery but only once you fit the Y25 piping and get rid of the precleaner which is what I prefer and done with mine but havn put battery in as yet, I did get a fair amount actually alot of induction noise when I fitted up the Nissan snorkel and Y25 piping but kinda got used to it now.

And 2nd you can get a battery tray that goes passenger side where your fuel filter is and requires moving your filter but it mounts on the battery tray, you can buy those tray's already to go although I think there pricey for what they are but I'm sure others have done it and found it worked ok for them.

So your call where you want it, me I would prefer to mount it on the first option and is my intention to do so, there is a fair bit of room and could get a decent size second battery in there.

Last edited:
Fantastic, I think the prefilter bypass should open it up nicely too, pretty restrictive system as is. I appreciate the help and will post photos once it goes in!

Latest posts

Back