Snorkel and Underbody protection

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damo_89

Reaction score
I managed to fit myself a few items to my new ute yesterday. It felt bad drilling huge holes into the side of a brand new car, but it worked out okay!!! I installed a factory snorkel (bought from NizBits) and the TJM full length underbody protection.

Shots of the underbody protection are yet to come but here are a couple of the snorkel install

2119a2r.jpg

f5c2n6.jpg

33xephs.jpg

Looks good. I really need to put a snorkel on mine. Just out of interest how much did you pay for it?

Nice job mate! I must admit, I chickened out on the snorkel drilling, left it to a pro.

Snorkel and Bashplates are bloody good investments, and when you think about it, if your snorkel costs $400 or so, there's not much work you can do on a diesel that has gulped water for $400!

Same with the bash plates!

Just make sure you get rid of every one of nissans crappy seals that come with it and use sikaflex at every join. I nearly flooded my engine a month ago because i was lazy and hadn't taken out the foam where the last pipe meets the airbox. luckily the air filter caught the bit of water that got in... Foams now gone and has half a tube of sikaflex replacing it!

Sorry about the late reply everyone.

I got the Snorkel from nizzbits.com.au for $395 delivered.

Andy I didn't take the seals off but I might have to now! I did seal some of the pipes with a certain loctite though that my mate (who used to build aircraft) said would make it water tight.

The big hole cannot be seen from the engine bay side as the snorkel does an S bend in between the panel and engine bay panels to meet up with the stock standard intake pipe.

Thanks for the photos of the snorkel install I keep thinking about it and putting it off and , I bought ironman bash plates and put them on a few weeks ago, haven't had time yet to head off road

Latest posts

Back