snorkel modifying question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navd22yd25cr

Reaction score
I have a d22 with dual batterys, atm i have a genuine snorkel to suit.

Im am a bit un happy with the small reduced piece that slots next to the battery. I think it restricts the airflow to much, has anyone modified their snorkel, re-directed the plumbing or anything to get a more direct straight through snorkel rather then the piping doing a u-turn then reduce down.

Cheers and if you can post up pictures.

I thought about bringing mine straight through inner guard near airbox but I thought for all the effort what will the benefit be?

I put my water injection in the engine bay where the pre filter used to be so cut a hole in the guard and connected the snorkel straight to the airbox. Bit dodgy but works.

Attachments

• IMG_6315.jpg
    IMG_6315.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 320
Il post up pics but i ended up modifying the snorkel. I ended up blocking the end and used the other hole in the firewall and managed to fit 80mm pipe next to my second battery and fit a silicone elbow on the airbox. Got it all sealed with sikkaflex

Heres what i had done. I didnt take step by step photos but i blocked off the original outlet for the snorkel. I then bought a 80mm pipr adaptor for a pod filter which u can buy from autobarn or any car place. I lined the hole up with the bigger hole in thr body which i think the 3.0l snorkels use. Drilled and sealed the adaptor on to suit. Figued it only being the snorkel i just used 80mm pvc to make it all connect up and usef sikaflex to seal it all up.

1381356_10152961939259572_1751821727_n.jpg

Made sure it seals connecting the silicone tube to the triangle part of the airbox i used a heap of sikaflex and tightened the clamp really tight.

To test how sealed it was i basicly took the top part of my snorkel off and blocked the top for a sec. Car sounded like it wanted to stall....

Lol is that a good way to check???

Yeah, that's the easiest way to check it. What did you do with the intake air temp sensor?

Nice work.
Obviously you had to take the snorkel apart in the inner guard area to do all that, or was there enough access?
Did you notice any difference?

This has been irritating me too, its seems so restrictive.

I have been looking for someone that has swapped airboxes to get rid of the triangle inlet?
There are a few ZD30s with 80 series airboxes, anybody seen YD25 alternatives?

I've been keeping my eye out for any boxes that might fit, with the dual batteries there is sfa room.
Even harder to find because i don't want an oiled filter because it might play havoc with my MAF.
Maybe a patrol zd30 box? Plenty of flow.

Latest posts

Back