snorkel water!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TUFFD40

Reaction score
Hey guys, was washing my car in the driveway earlier today and I accidently wet the snorkel while not paying attention! I know this is not the best idea but I am a little paranoid with this sort of stuff... I opened the airbox didnt see a drop of water and have let the car sit in the driveway over night with out starting it.. do you think this will be fine?? or is there anything else I should check before starting it tomorrow morning, car is fitted with genuine nissan snorkel im sure it will be fine, people put these things though car washes.. but thought id ask the question... Thanks.

G'day mate,

If nothing is noticeable in the filter housing all will be good to go. For it to do any real damage it would need to fill the filter housing and travel down through the entire induction system into the engine.

Do you think it would have been worse than driving in the rain?

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited:
It will be ok mate,like the previous reply when you are driving in the rain at 100 water is forced into it the genuine snorkle or golf club as it's called is made by tjm for nissan.I went for a safari it has the water seperator on the air ram

If you look in the bottom of the air box you will see a very small hole that will allow that water to get out. Some people block it off to make the system water tight. Not a good idea for this reason. That hole would never present a problem unless you came to a complete stand still whilst in water above that level since driving through pushes the water around the engine bay. If you were to have that happen you would not restart the engine anyway.

Latest posts

Back