Soft tonneau cover concern.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a 2007 D40 and this is just starting to happen to my torneu cover as i am not the original owner of the car would nissan still replace it under waranty ??

You can only but try. I haven't read the warranty paperwork but if you buy a car from the dealer they advertise the fact that there is still some of the new car warranty included so that means that in some cases at least the warranty goes with the car and not the original owner. Given that this is a problem suffered by more than a few people they might well accept the claim.

decky, just got off the phone to the local dealer. The plastic strip is a "Customer complaint" problem not a "Recall", whatever that means.
The dealer said that it was a manufacturing fault & if you have a problem it will be replaced with the gray one.
Cheers, Phil

Tonneau covers

I phoned nissan australia this month in regard to the brittle and breaking tonneau cover and they told me that the recall had expired and that I was too late! I phoned Kerry nissan in Darwin also and they were about as helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike..... Are you guys still getting them replaced and nissan are honouring your warranty?

After reading this thread I went into my local dealer and asked if the white ones were a recal, no they said.
I had my original replaced under warranty 2 years into warranty, now 2 years on again its shit itself at the white plastic.
I would have been given another under the 12 mths parts warranty but alas thats over now.
So I bit my lip and bought a ne one with the grey strips--------hope I get a little more outa it than just two years!!!!!!!

Well I just fronted at a Job and went to open mine and found the alloy attachment point on the tail gate has ripped away from the body , all the rivets have sheared away , pissed right off

Effing Nissan , serivce dept , how may i help you , story , blah blah ,blah , oh were sorry Mr Steven , but you will have to wait 3 weeks before we can attend to that , *&*&)P(*&(&% right CLICK ~~~~~ , magically appear bunnings , All fixed , now had 10 , 5 mm rivets holding it on not 6 , 4 mm ones , and grand total of $ 2.50 and 30 mins , not 3 WEEKS

I had trouble with mine,i also fitted bigger rivets but first i removed the crap tape stuff they put along there to help it stick,got some new tape from that paint shop on the burwood hwy next door to hook up bait and tackle(ftg) and it's been good for a fair while now.

I had trouble with mine,i also fitted bigger rivets but first i removed the crap tape stuff they put along there to help it stick,got some new tape from that paint shop on the burwood hwy next door to hook up bait and tackle(ftg) and it's been good for a fair while now.

Hi Ian
the tape don't do a rats arse in holding the thing there , i figured its there to hold it in place when being fitted so the service techs don't try to drill holes and mount it to your lower tailgate or bumper the holes are pre drilled in the alloy and that holds the thing in place , there's 6 pissy 4 mm rivets spaced at 8,1/2 inches apart , i refitted it using the 6 original holes and using 5mm rivets then placing rivets between the 8, 1/2 inch gaps , its way more solid now then even the side ones which i can move with a lil force , i'll do the sides on the weekend , when i first seen it , i thought what a stupid idea and wondered how long it would last , but i was way out , and pisses me off i wasted $ 600.00 on the POS , that i could and should have put toward a canopy , having said all that ive now found a place in nsw that makes hard lids for the king cab , grrrrrrrrr

I've had my D40 2007 for18 months plastic on side edge was brittle & broken when I bought it & now the stitching on the back &right hand side has come a part

Tried sending a message to Nissan via there customer service form. It was worse than typing on this forum with a phone. It nearly took me all night to use & send. Firstly the message was too long. (It had to be 0 to 265 letters long & no more). Then it told me after shortening thit a number of times, that my enquiry was a security threat???????????.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back