Softer leaf springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is so much info and personal experience but still hard to decide what to get. I am going to be fitting Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks but no idea what springs to get
Dobnson
EFS
OME
Tough Dog
Ironman
Ultimate Suspension
and the list goes onand prices go from $380 to over $700
Am after the best comfort spring for the rear and this is where I run into trouble. Unlike most I am not looking for off road performance .I bought the truck for its height ( I got a bad back ) and being a 4x2 its hopeless on anything but a dirt road with its open center diff.
I have heard so many opinions and many actually say they are all much of a muchness. If so should I just go the cheapest and go Ironman.
Any help is much appreciated

I,m on my second set of full ironman suspension, I put it on my old lux did about 30k before I sold it, then I put it on my nav and I,m up to about 40k give or take. No issues with sagging or the shocks, my only complaint I,ve got is that I put a constant load kit on both times and it is a little harsh, I lowered the tyre pressures in the lux and it improved a lot and I,m still playing with pressures on the nav, but I can put a load of wood from tub floor to the roof of the canopy and she doesn't drag it's arse, and I regularly loaded the old lux the same all winter long and they showed no sign of sagging.

I used the 150KG (soft) EFS in the rear. I was informed that the only difference between the 300Kg (hard) spring is, one leaf, the longest one, is removed. Run Bilstiens on the back and plesantley suppirsed with the ride.
In the past have always gone for the slightly tender spring and good strong dampening. Worked for me so far.

I generally have 2 alloy air tanks and a second battery in the back with stock hard cover etc so really maybe 60kg above empty at most. I generally carry nothing in back like furniture or anything really.
I have the front springs softer than factory and the front soaks up speed bumps with no issue .Then the rear hits and bounces the truck hard.I have 40mm blocks just to get height.
I rarely see anything about improved on road comfort its all about off road handling and I can understand that being that most are 4x4.
Im after something actually soft so the truck wont bounce so much.
The Ranchos seem about the best as I can fine tune the rear to just how I like it as far as shocks go

I will be doing all new bush's and now its to grease or not to grease.Some say softer ride and safer. Sheesh,,,,,,,

Last edited:
Dove right in last night and went with the following

IronMan performance 40mm lift springs 0 - 300kg load $374
Rancho RS9000XL shocks $396
New U Bolts $60
SuperPro complete rear Spring Bush kit $80

All prices are as delivered ( free shipping on everything )

Well Postman Pat did his thing today and I got some parts
I got all the bushes for the rear springs
I got the new U Bolts
I got the Rancho 9000xl shocks
I dont got the damm springs
The Aus Post system is showing 1 spring took 7 hours to get from one side of town to the other, shame how its now on the other side of town
The other spring still hasnt left NSW
Amazing service ya bunch of Tards
Especially with all the parts coming from 4WD1 in Baulkham Hills NSW

Latest Update
Aussie post still hasnt delivered the springs and according to their tracking site neither item has moved.1 still in Sydney and the other herein Fyshwick awaiting its mate.
I rang them this afternoon and according to them 4WD1 didnt send 1 spring.Yeah Right
Anyway rang the guys at 4WD1 and they have a receipt for 2 x 28kg springs from Aus Post.
Gives a warm fuzzy feeling when Aussie Post has control like this lol.

Latest posts

Back