Solar Panels anyone have them (Need Recommendations)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustPez

Reaction score
Just to be clear i'm talking about home solar panels, did a search only found topics for camping solar panels.

My parents are going to be investing in solar panels and have asked me to find them a company to do them as they think as an engineer (mining). . I will know something they don't. Was wondering if anyone on here has installed solar panels at home and has a recommendation or a steer clear of for me before I start. Their energy bill is very large at around $900ish so solar is probably a good idea for them and they'd need a solid system.

Any info would be great, thanks in advance.

Pez

Just to be clear i'm talking about home solar panels, did a search only found topics for camping solar panels.

My parents are going to be investing in solar panels and have asked me to find them a company to do them as they think as an engineer (mining). . I will know something they don't. Was wondering if anyone on here has installed solar panels at home and has a recommendation or a steer clear of for me before I start. Their energy bill is very large at around $900ish so solar is probably a good idea for them and they'd need a solid system.

Any info would be great, thanks in advance.

Pez

My brother is a plumber for Solahart and he says that its not worth the investment as the returns have dropped from 44c per kW to 8c per kW, so your only marginally better off and its going to take a lot longer to make your money back.. Just my 2 cents

My brother is a plumber for Solahart and he says that its not worth the investment as the returns have dropped from 44c per kW to 8c per kW, so your only marginally better off and its going to take a lot longer to make your money back.. Just my 2 cents

Correct. Unless they already filled out an application by a certain date last year.

Yea I think they are under the impression that if you signed up by a certain date then you still get the 44c, however if thats the case and you had to do it by last year then there is no rush and they can wait awhile.

EDIT: Scratch that they have signed up for the 44c tariff which is why they need to get it done by the 30th if they can, cheers for the link Rumpig i'll have a good read.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back