solo NT trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVLSTX

Reaction score
I have been wanting to do this for a while, now that I have my D40 modified, I'm slowly making plans (travel routes, rest stops etc)
I was just wondering, has anyone ever taken a D40 on such a long distance, by long distance I mean driving from Melbourne, Alice Springs, Red centre, Darwin and the major national parks nearby. What type of spares did you bring along?

i have done melb to darwin..via flinders ranges and oodnadatta track.. don't need a lot other than common sense, car is good for the trip, good tyres, some comms though I always take tool kit, oils, coolant, compressor, water and some essentials to last me if i get stuck somewhere

I live in Darwin and have travelled these parts a few times. A second spare tyre is a must, reliable newish battery or better still a second battery, and extra care with outback fuel

Yep, all the above and add time. If something is 100 k's away, don't think you can get there in an hour, make it an hour and a half. If you have 500 k's to do, give yourself 7 - 7.5 hrs to get there, not 5. Having to race the clock is one of the biggest causes of accidents and mechanical failures I know of.

Other than that, good quality tyres, 2 spares, good quality UHF antenna, lots of water and fuel.

How would I know which fuel to stay away from?

G'day.

If it looks like they have a high turnover (cater to trucks) it is a good sign.
If the servo has a "clean" appearance it is indicative of general quality.

Latest posts

Back