Some faith restored

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Dog

Reaction score
I have been toying with the idea of building a hard topped canvas canopy on the back of my D40 RX tub. (settle down krafty just read on :sarcastic:)

Anyhoo, the plan involved sourcing a steel headboard to mount at the rear of the tray, fabricate an aluminium roof and enclose the sides with canvas.

After no response from the forum regarding any stray headboards in backyards, I resorted to going to Nissan. So I rang my local dealer and the switch bitch puts me through to spare parts, who efficiently tell me there a 7 in Melbourne at $970 each. (more than I am willing to pay since I could fabricate it for virtually nothing).
I asked the spare parts guy whether their were any lying around on tubs that have been taken off, so he transfers me to the sales department.

The sales man informs me that they have several out the back, so I ask him how much for a steel headboard to which he replies "a carton of beer".

The transaction is done- one steel headboard for a carton of Hieniken (which, by the way is on special this week, so I saved twice)

The only draw back is that the shape of the new headboard is slightly different to the '07 model, however the ally roof will sort that out.

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Ok I've read the whole thing (took me a while I had to do some work) but I'm still settled.

Back