Some idiot

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navarian

Reaction score
ran into the back of my nav today,i went beserk untill i had a look at the damage..............to his car.One broken headlight,grill,bonnet pushed up and bent,radiator shrowd rubbing on the fan.Sounded like a very noisy diesal when he pulled up.
Damage to nav.......plastic step in the middle of the bumper just above the tow bar has a gouge and a bit of a scratch.
:dancing2:
He's going to have to replace it. :big_smile:

Not good mate, glad your car came out better.

Since this is a rant thread, as I have late I dont know how many times I have had to jump on the brakes for morons not looking before turning onto the highway.

Dave.

Happy days!
After Meeting you on the weekend Ian I know that you respect your vehicle and are very proud of it and so your reaction doesn't surprise me. Good that it wasn't too sever on your part.
I play a game everyday in the work van with stop start traffic. So far caught out 3 little shopping trolley's that insist on sitting 3 ft off the rear. I leave braking until absolutely the last minute and wait for the crunch into the towball and steel step. Keeps me entertained on the Tulla and Bolte. For the record nill damage to the work van but claimed a couple of grand of plastic and aluminium from the f witts that follow too close while not observing traffic conditions and playing with phones / gadgets / mascara :big_smile:
One thing perhaps you could mention on the insurance claim is that the rear springs were damaged in the incident and that they required replacement - perhaps half the cost of the lift might suffice?:victory:

He hit me while i was moving in first gear behind traffic in a road work zone.
I couldn't beleive it.

Dont ya just love it when there car is totalled and your car is just scratched.
Its a good feeling.

my car vs old grandma that didnt give way...

me:
bent rear mudflap/wheel arch (its a tray top so just banged it out)

her:
right headlight squashed into the centre of bonnet, lol
right corner of bonnet ripped up and pushed up
right side panel crushed and gouged
front right grill area gone

and it wasnt even her car!

My version of that story is being in a series 1 discovery with a towbar. Got rear ended in a queue coming up to a roundabout, not a scratch on the discovery, but a big towbar shaped hole in the other car's radiator.

Hmm, does the law allow me to drive around down with my load leveller mounted on the back even if I'm not towing? There's a foot of solid steel that can handle 3+ tonnes and would poke their engine, not just their radiator.

Hmm, does the law allow me to drive around down with my load leveller mounted on the back even if I'm not towing? There's a foot of solid steel that can handle 3+ tonnes and would poke their engine, not just their radiator.

i believe the law is that the tow ball/bar is not to protrude further then the body work if not in use... however my nav has a removable tongue so it becomes legal when i take it off, yet i never take it out, hmm

If that's the case, the cops could have a field day here. Nearly every second car has a towbar attached. The curious thing is that only half of those people actually have something to tow, and of those only about 10% know which way to point the thing.

Shame there's no test you have to pass to haul something behind you. Be a lot fewer people jackknifing in the Bunnings car park!

Might have, but the ones that stand out are the guys with 6 lights across the roof bars, 4 along the top of the bull bar, two mounted in the grille area and "road lights" under the indicators.

Saw one of those today, a total redneck at the wheel, and making sure everyone could see that he had converted his headlights to HID, driving an old cruiser (maybe mid-80s).

Now, he might have been a nice guy, except that he had more light on the front of his car than most vehicles made by Boeing. And he wouldn't have moved near as quick.

He must have had an alternator upgrade to cope!

haha

that makes me wonder actually...

on dads old cruiser ute he has 2 work/spot lights which have the handle on the top of them so you can point them any which-way plus a beacon on his roll bar, i wonder if those work lights are technically illegal? maybe if only facing forward?

got to put my navara 225's now somewhere on the cruiser as he already has old hella 4000's as spotties

The law is probably *similar* in most states, and it's basically common sense. All forward-aimed lights (other than indicators) must be white - and I remember something about them having to point somewhere within 45degrees of the front of the car. Any white rearward facing lights must only be turned on when in reverse.

I could investigate hand-held lights. I'd then also want to investigate those lights on the side of the roof-mounted taxi signs used to blind the elderly at 8pm who are still heading out to do their early morning mailbox check. Or maybe they're used to read house numbers, but might be better used as prawning lights. Just make sure the windows are wound up tight.

We seem to have strayed significantly off the intended topic!

Latest posts

Back