Something broke! CV?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate

Reaction score
The other week i was doing some pretty extreme stuff for a d22 and didnt even notice that broke what i believe to be a CV, lost power to the front wheels and upon inspection noticed the CV shaft is loose at the diff end on the passenger side, i unlocked my hubs and left in 2wd when i parked up 10mins later noticed i had a pool of oil under which smelt like diff oil.
Well in another week ill try pull it apart to see what exactly broke, in the meantime i was trying to order a new CV but veales and covs dont stock a CV for a 2012 D22 apparently.
Does anyone know where i can buy a cheapie?
There was another post here by a bloke who found one on my shopping.com for 140 ea i think.
Also how do i remove the CV? I searched and cant find anything, i remember a post where someone said they could have one out in 20 mins, but i cant find it.
Any help here is greatly appreciated.
Cheers guys

Hopefully you didn't shatter pieces through the diff and write that off too. I managed to do just that a few weeks back. Very $$$$$ exercise.

I had all the same symptoms.

if you go through Nissan you will be looking at around $900 per CV if you go through ebay or search around The Googles you will find refurbished ones or new ones for around $130 upwards, i picked up 2 new ones froma shop near newtown Sydney for $125 each. They are fairly simple to remove, though when i was doing that i removed the whole hub and done my bearings as well so that made it easier.
i THINK the thread your looking for was done by Joshy.

if you go through Nissan you will be looking at around $900 per CV if you go through ebay or search around The Googles you will find refurbished ones or new ones for around $130 upwards, i picked up 2 new ones froma shop near newtown Sydney for $125 each. They are fairly simple to remove, though when i was doing that i removed the whole hub and done my bearings as well so that made it easier.
i THINK the thread your looking for was done by Joshy.

Correct. Remember reading posts by joshy about changing out CVs in 20 minutes, and I think 30 in the bush/camp site?, was in his D22 SAS build thread. But don't recall details on "how to".

If you can't find anything, check the D22 service manual available on the forum (search function), maybe that can shed some light

Yeah i hope i dont have pieces in my diff too, it took me a couple more attempts to go through the serious holes i was trying to cross before i thought something was up and a mate who was outside said i had lost drive to the front, fingers crossed
Ill look in the manual see if that has any info, otherwise ill just wing it and start pulling things off till i find the problem.
I definitely wont be going to nissan for spares then, i googled and found a place overseas called online auto parts who has them for roughly 280 a pair.... and i shouldnt need to do any bearings or anything my rig has only done 11k.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back