Sound deadener

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pottsy1990

Reaction score
Hey guys

Im looking to put sound deadener in the nav because long trips with the 33"s is getting annoying just wondering what people hae used and whats the best value for money ( spray on r sheets ) and where is the best place to get some good deals ?
Thanks

Personally I was born deaf so I don't give a fcuk about the noise, I can't hear half of it anyway.

Anything that has more volume than substance (ie aerated, like the polystyrene foam) will dampen sound. You can buy spray-on shit for underbody.

Other than that there's really little you can do. The glass will let in the sound (and I haven't heard of anyone double-glazing their utes).

I know someone will come along and say "that's what the stereo's for" but sometimes you need to hear what your passenger is saying (for example "What are you doing, driving straight at that cliff at 100km/h???").

http://www.trufitcarpets.com.au/resomat.htm

I haven't used it myself but its on my list to get some very soon. heard good reviews from some blokes that have used it.

i did use some of that paint on sound deadner in the cab, when i had to strip the whole interior out last time. i think it makes very little difference that stuff.

i did just last week put a heap of rags under the gear booty thing and that made a heap of difference straight up. so i reckon when i get that mat stuff i'm going to double it up over the transmission tunnel.

i think a lot of engine noise seems to come thru the firewall, jaycar sells mats too i think. it's on my list of projects to do too btw, so post pics and write up of how to :)

Latest posts

Back