Special thanks!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLI

Reaction score
G, day folks,

I have to give you all very humble and special thanks for trying to help in organising to assisting in helping me fix my Nissan Patrol wagon.

I was unaware that my darling wife Ally was seeking out certain forum members to help over the Christmas period to help fix my derelict Patrol whilst I was hospitalised and suffering from chronic depression.

I stumbled over this plot the other day whilst visiting my local ARB store in Coffs Harbour. It was the first time in four months that I was feeling good, so I decided in fitting an array of accessories to my Patrol wagon whilst feeling in a positive mood of mind.

Whilst visiting the ARB store this week chasing up parts for my new Amada suspension kit, I was being advised not to fit the kit so soon that I should watch my health and take things easy. Even thought I was humbled by the managements concern about my poor health, I somehow thought that something was not right! I then noticed my wife out of the corner of my eye trying to distract Eli, one of the store owners.

After quizzing my wife after we left the store, she fessed up to that she had contacted several members of the Navara forum and the 4x4 action website requesting help to fit accessories to my Patrol due to my ill-health and depression especially over the last two months.

I was so taken back that my soul-mate/wife Alison (Ally) had done this special act of concern for me and that certain members of the Navara Asia forum were trying to help organise fitting accessories for me in Coffs Harbour. For this I am so humbled and taken back!

However, I foiled your plans and over the last week I have fitted a dual battery system, a snorkel, IPF driving lights, a 2 inch suspension kit, a UHF radio and a Winch.

I cannot get over the generosity and camaraderie of this great forum. To this I salute you all for your humanity!

PS, a very special thanks to Scotty (aka-Bobcat) and Old Tony, you are truly great mates! A typical ossie tradition that as gone missing over the years. But alive and well at the Navara Asia forum!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)
:cheers!::thank_you2:

Well done to your wife ally mate! It really shows she is there for you in your time of need by trying to help your passion of 4x4ing!! This reminds me of one 4x4 action did for a bloke with a patrol here in qld a few months back where his wife made a user on the forum and asked for help which ended up coming from everywhere!!!
Again great work by your wife she is deff a keeper!!!

Cheers
bryan

Mate, you are most welcome.

We've a few people here in the Hunter area and the plan was, if we couldn't get ARB to do the suspension work (which is the smartest thing to do, because they know suspension and could do the job in a couple of hours) then we'd come up and do it.

I know there's a vacant block beside your house and we were planning to use it. Arrive Saturday, start reading the instructions and working out if we needed left-handed ring spanners or sockets. Attempt several times to perform the task without upsetting the local wildlife, then spend the night chasing the snakes away from our accommodations.

Then Sunday was to be an attempt to right the vehicle back onto its wheels and reattach the letterbox.

It would have been cheaper and smarter to pull out $50 each and give it to ARB (towing the van up there = 800km trip = $200 in fuel) but we would have gone either way.

Scott was itching to hop on a bloody plane and bring his left-handed screwdrivers with him, but airport security stopped him and made him hand 'em over. More than likely they had something wrong with their bar fridge and needed his tools but that's neither here nor there.

Mate, you take it easy and don't push yourself. We're gonna come up there in February some time.

Oh, that book you gave me ... is completely scanned into a single PDF file. It's 71.5Mb in size but I'll post the book back to you with the document on a CD (as long as I bloody remember to). Today's a busy day, but don't worry, nothing's lost or damaged. Just me taking my time as usual.

Sounds like your wife is a keeper, RLI. Wanna swap?

Seriously, for all you young'uns here, when you find a good one, hang on to her. Great to see the support you're getting here. Look after yourself.

Thanks from Ally, Paul & family

True friends/mates are like diamonds! Very hard and rare to find and when you are at your lowest ebb in life, are priceless when they are there to help you and your family through a crissis in life!

On this forum I have discovered a diamond mine in friendship/mateships! I am truly blessed!

Thanks to you all.

PS, Looking forward to help other Navara Asia members in the future when times become tough. As Winston Churchill said; “United we stand divided we fall!”

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

:thank_you2::cheers!:

Mate, you are most welcome.

We've a few people here in the Hunter area and the plan was, if we couldn't get ARB to do the suspension work (which is the smartest thing to do, because they know suspension and could do the job in a couple of hours) then we'd come up and do it.

I know there's a vacant block beside your house and we were planning to use it. Arrive Saturday, start reading the instructions and working out if we needed left-handed ring spanners or sockets. Attempt several times to perform the task without upsetting the local wildlife, then spend the night chasing the snakes away from our accommodations.

Then Sunday was to be an attempt to right the vehicle back onto its wheels and reattach the letterbox.

It would have been cheaper and smarter to pull out $50 each and give it to ARB (towing the van up there = 800km trip = $200 in fuel) but we would have gone either way.

Scott was itching to hop on a bloody plane and bring his left-handed screwdrivers with him, but airport security stopped him and made him hand 'em over. More than likely they had something wrong with their bar fridge and needed his tools but that's neither here nor there.

Mate, you take it easy and don't push yourself. We're gonna come up there in February some time.

Oh, that book you gave me ... is completely scanned into a single PDF file. It's 71.5Mb in size but I'll post the book back to you with the document on a CD (as long as I bloody remember to). Today's a busy day, but don't worry, nothing's lost or damaged. Just me taking my time as usual.

G, day Tony & Helen,

Folks, Ally and I hope you are having a fantastic time me in Tassie!

Mate, make the copy available to the forum members, I have spent a shit load of cash over the years to both ARB & TJM in Coffs Harbour and gave a shit load business to both outlets.

Ally and I are looking forward to catching up with you guys soon. Did a recce the other day to the Nymboida canoe centre about 50 minutes’ drive from our home? It is North West of Grafton. What a top spot, great camping, river activities for adults and of course the children. Mate, when you and Helen come up, Ally and I will take you folks there.

Have spoken to Scotty, hope both he and his lovely daughter Kendall can make it up here for a holiday. Only cost to them is cheap flights from Victoria when they are advertised, accommodation, food grog and transport on the house. It would be a good break for the two of them!

PS, due to my in competence with computers, my father-in-law as agreed to help me download photos over the next couple of days from Nymboida for the forum to peruse!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)
:cheers!:

Well done to your wife ally mate! It really shows she is there for you in your time of need by trying to help your passion of 4x4ing!! This reminds me of one 4x4 action did for a bloke with a patrol here in qld a few months back where his wife made a user on the forum and asked for help which ended up coming from everywhere!!!
Again great work by your wife she is deff a keeper!!!

Cheers
bryan

G,day mate,

Thanks fo your kind words!

Regards,

RLI

Sounds like your wife is a keeper, RLI. Wanna swap?

Seriously, for all you young'uns here, when you find a good one, hang on to her. Great to see the support you're getting here. Look after yourself.

G,day Bullwinkle,

Thank you to for your kind words! I am lucky to have a great soul-mate!

Regards,

RLI

Back