Sports Bar Plastic Moulding

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tysinbad

Reaction score
Hi All, I have a 2013 STX 550, of which I am very happy with. There is one small exception, and that is the plastic moulding on the sports bar (driver side). The two halves do not line up, and they do not fit snug around the actual bar. I have approached two different dealerships, the one where I purchased my vehicle from (Springwood Nissan), and the Nissan dealer ship in Ipswich. Neither are interested in assisting in getting the problem rectified, with Springwood Nissan telling me that 'Nissan said it was within limits'.

Now, I do not know what the limits are, and I am sure Nissan does, but I think that it would be difficult for Nissan to tell me through the Nissan dealership that they are within limits if they have not actually taken any measurements. They have not had my car long enough to do this.

I have also contacted Nissan via Phone and e-mail ([email protected]), but I am getting nothing but the cold shoulder. I have attached some jpeg's which contains photo's showing my plastic moulding against a number of other vehicles that I have taken photographs of. The photo's clearly show that some are in fact still good compared to mine. Consequently, I think that it would be reasonable to say that if there are better quality mouldings out there, then they should replace mine.

Anyway, please have a look at the photos and feel free to drop Nissan ([email protected]) if you are also displeased with their poor quality. Post a reply with your own photos if you like. I will take these to Nissa again soon.

Terry

Attachments

• Moulding 1.jpg
    Moulding 1.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Moulding 2.jpg
    Moulding 2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Moulding 3.jpg
    Moulding 3.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Moulding 4.jpg
    Moulding 4.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Moulding 5.jpg
    Moulding 5.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 93
I have taken up the fight with Nissan, but the more customers I have on my side, the bigger the voice they have to listen to.

BTW, your not an ex RAAFie are you? I knew a fello nicknamed tappet, about the same era as my self.

I recently just bought a black bar from a 550 to put on my ST. I've noticed the plastic moulding doesn't fit / align well similar to yours. The original chrome bar moulding a were perfect. I change the mouldings from the chrome bar to the black bar and same problem. Seems it's a problem with the bar itself !?!

I recently just bought a black bar from a 550 to put on my ST. I've noticed the plastic moulding doesn't fit / align well similar to yours. The original chrome bar moulding a were perfect. I change the mouldings from the chrome bar to the black bar and same problem. Seems it's a problem with the bar itself !?!

That is quite interesting, thanks for that. Perhaps the bar has mounting hole allignment problems. I will have to take a closer look.

This may or may not help, I bought a chrome bar and then had it powder coated, they had to pull the bar apart for this, when I was putting it back together I had the same problem as you have, left hand side lined up but right didn't. Reason, I was mixing up the plastic mouldings ( putting the left on the right and visa versa). Now it may be possible that the little man putting these things together in the factory had a bad day and used two left hand mouldings. As I say this may be your problem it may not but having looked at the photos it did remind me of my blonde day.
Good luck and I hope Nissan sort their shit out for you

This may or may not help, I bought a chrome bar and then had it powder coated, they had to pull the bar apart for this, when I was putting it back together I had the same problem as you have, left hand side lined up but right didn't. Reason, I was mixing up the plastic mouldings ( putting the left on the right and visa versa). Now it may be possible that the little man putting these things together in the factory had a bad day and used two left hand mouldings. As I say this may be your problem it may not but having looked at the photos it did remind me of my blonde day.
Good luck and I hope Nissan sort their shit out for you

Blonde days happen to everyone. Thanks for the insight, I will look closer at the left and right mouldings.

Any progress on this one? Did it turn out that they fit better if swapped around? Mine still annoys me (poor fitting)

Latest posts

Back