Sports bar/roof spotties

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav_brah

Reaction score
Hey guys,

im thinking about putting spotties on my sports bar for extra light and for the way its looks i reckon it looks good.

Question is, is this legal? Iv read/heard a maximum of 3 spotties or something??
Also, how have people attached spotties to there rear bar?

Iv done mine and was pulled over the other day for a beath teste the only thing he didnt like my my "cheese Gatter" rod holder on the bar so i took it off. said nothing about the lights. All i did was make up 2 brackets and ran some plate between them, then mounted the lights to the bracket and ran the wire through a hole i drilled in the sports bar. Simple yet effective.
if i were to do it again id change it to a light bar (i still might yet)

The law generally states (for all states as far as I am aware) - no more than 6 forward-facing white lights (that aren't riding lights) and they must be no higher than 1400mm off the ground.

It means that technically speaking you can't have ANY light up on the roof. Technically.

It would have to be a copper that had just had the bank foreclose on his mortgage, his wife hasn't put out for a year, his girlfriend gave him the clap, he was busted by the superintendent wanking off in the empty cells to the sports page and he'd tried going through a McDonalds drive thru to get a free cheeseburger and copped a pair of wasps in the open window while he was rattling off his badge number and the reason why the bimbo should give him a freebie. That kinda guy would see the lights and go "I'm going to make someone's day as bad as my own!"

Seriously, you'd have to be doing something REALLY idiotic for a copper to go you for them. Insurance would have to prove that the existence or use of the lights were the cause of an accident.

So technically they're illegal, but if you're being sensible then you're unlikely to suffer any grief over them.

Actually they are now legal in certain states. In the strictest state of all the ACT they are now legal but you have to meet a heap of regulations. Basically as long as NO light from the roof mounted lights can enter the cab or shine on the bonnet and they are switched with hi beam then they are pretty much ok.
I had my engineer look into it and he could find nothing wrong with my 2 led bars on the sports bar.he did say that LED bars can raise some weird questions about the requirement of pairs of lights. I just went with 2 x 100watt bars to be sure

Latest posts

Back