Spotties..... I need help !!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navar3r

Reaction score
Really need some help from anyone possible, ive bought some spotties for my d22 navara but im having problems wiring them, i was told what to do but i dont think he got it wright,

Ive got...

Possitive from battery to relay (fused)
Earthed the relay
possitive from relay to switch
possitive from relay to spotties x2
Possitive to switch
and i earthed the spotties.

What am i doing wrong ?? does anyone have a wiring diagram or any advice ??

Thanks for replying, na i dont have activation wire to high beam as i dont know what wire that is or what needs to go to it, and at the moment the wires from the switch are possitive from battery and possitive from relay i know thats not right but im new to electrical stuff and just tryna figure it out.

High beam activation wire is just the wire from the stalk that turns on high beam. You need that or your spotties won't automatically turn off when you turn off high beam, and you need to do tha legally.

One option is to run a wire from high beam to spottie switch, then other side of switch to spottie relay, and then other side of relay to ground. That way spotties will only turn on when Hugh beam is on.

Cheers Pinelli will try that so can someone please let me know what goes to what on the relay etc and ill start again, sorry guys still learning the electrical stuff.

ok, relay wiring is like this.

pin 85 ground
pin 86 +12v in (from your switch)
pin 87 +12v out (to the spotties)
pin 30 +12v in (from the battery)

then your switch has +12v in from the high beam wire (don't know what colour this is, sorry), and the other side goes out to pin 86 on the relay.

that's it, it should be all good after that.

How'd you go. Any progress?
And don't apologize for asking. Auto electrics can be a bit of a black art.

How'd u go mate? Did they not come with wiring/instructions? If u find a recent thread in the d22 section on my narva ultima 225 install this will give you some info on hooking to high beam etc. Cheers.

ok, relay wiring is like this.

pin 85 ground
pin 86 +12v in (from your switch)
pin 87 +12v out (to the spotties)
pin 30 +12v in (from the battery)

then your switch has +12v in from the high beam wire (don't know what colour this is, sorry), and the other side goes out to pin 86 on the relay.

that's it, it should be all good after that.

Why don't they just number the buggers 1,2,3,4?

The wiring kit mine came with had them all labelled and all hooked up, super simple for a super simpleton! Dave helped with the high beam...what a champion! Those numbers mean nothing to me!

Why don't they just number the buggers 1,2,3,4?
i know, it's got me buggered too

The wiring kit mine came with had them all labelled and all hooked up, super simple for a super simpleton! Dave helped with the high beam...what a champion! Those numbers mean nothing to me!
those numbers are just the pin numbers on the relay, usually they are moulded into the bottom of the relay next to the pins and have a diagram on the top or the side showing the way they are wired

Latest posts

Back