Squeak since fitting 2 inch lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trb012

Reaction score
Hey guys I fitted my efs 2 inch lift as well as an idler arm brace and steering dampener a few weeks ago. Im now getting an annoying squeak type noise when I take off from the lights or when turning sometimes. Ive gone over every nut and bolt and made sure they were tight as well as lubing everything but its still there. Ive aslo pulled the dampener back off but thats made no difference either the noise sounds like is something rubbing against something else a friend thinks it might be there rear leaf spring packs rubbing but it sound like its coming from the front lh side of the car. Anyone had this happen before or have any ideas of what it might be?

Mine squeaked for a couple weeks after putting the lift kit on. A couple trips up the beach and it soon stopped squeaking so I didn't look at it any further apart from greasing the shackles.

Ignorance is bliss!

Mine squeaked for a couple weeks after putting the lift kit on. A couple trips up the beach and it soon stopped squeaking so I didn't look at it any further apart from greasing the shackles.

Ignorance is bliss!
\

I know but its f-ing anoying lol Im going on a trip this long weekend so will see if it settles down with a bit of 4b action

If it has poly bushes which it probly does that is more than likely the cause. add more grease or wait and it might settle. on my old ute i had to gouge tracks in the bushes (only small running parralel with the shaft going through the bush) so it didnt push all the grease out when i pushed the hanger through. ot was the only thing that stopped it. pulled bushes out 80000kms later and they were fine. i stress small channel not cut the crap out of them

Yeah I though it may have been bushes but I put the rubber one's back in from the standard suspension as they were still in good condition. The only poly ones are in the front of the leaf springs which I couldn't replace il pump some more grease in and see if that helps.

front shocks will rub against the UCA if you don't grind a bit off them - maybe that's it???

Well thought I had a win last night after chule's advice. Pulled my front wheels off and low and behold the shocks had been rubbing on the uca's due to them not being relived whoops. Got the dremel out and took about 1.5mm out of the uca confident that there was a big enough gap. Drove to work this morning and all seems good but after about half an hour the noise has returned just as bad as it was before. Im wondering have I taken enough out of the uca's of is it still something else how much metal have others taken out of them?

I see you have the Ironman bash plates too - some people have had the plates (middle one i think) make contact with parts of the chassis and lower control arms which made creaks and squeaks. I pre cut mine to avoid this. Check out RustyNav's build thread, I think he explains it there.

I was chasing a mystery intermittent squeak awhile back too. Couldn't figure out what the hell it was until I grabbed a hold of the rear tail shaft and realised the centre bearing was stuffed. Don't know how many K's you've got on your truck but it might be worth while checking it out too. Good luck!

Last edited:
Yeah I had the bash plates off to change the oil and the noise is still there.Its only happened since the lift but so clearly something isn't right I just cant find it Il check out the tail shaft bearing as mines just clocked 150,000km thanks for your help.

Well took the nav bush over the long weekend and the noise seems to have disappeared. I will keep an eye on it but so far so good

I put the EFS springs in mine too and it had a squeak afterwards as well...turned out the spring leaf in the rear springs that wraps over the front eye (the 2nd leaf) was contacting with the chassis at the front mount. Grinder out to trim the leaf back and sweet as.

my first post :)

im from sweden so be nice to my english writing...

i put a calmini 3" set on my D22 last year, i forgot to loosen the bushings in the lower front control arms when i did the raise. that resulted in busted bushings. i got some wierd noise from them before they busted.

also i got a problem with the ball joints in front. they got a different angle after the raise and that is probably what caused me a terrible squeking sound. i bought myself a needle with a grease nipple on, filled em up with more grease and the squeaks has been gone since.

thats my two suggestions, hope you find it helpfull

I had new stronger springs fitted which lifted the truck 60 to 70mm and had an annoying squeak for 18,000km on our trip to WA. Took it back to Zordo and he dropped the springs and found that the second leaf has a curved end which wrapped over the shackle and rubbed on the sub frame. He hit it with a grinder (the loop does not do anything) and problem solved.

Latest posts

Back