Squeaking Belt , not fan belt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulschuit81

Reaction score
I have noticed that recently after driving the nav for about half an hour , when I let it sit there idling a squeaking belt sound. When I popped bonnet I listened up front of engine where belts are and they are fine , but when I get back in car I can hear it well, it sounds as if it is coming from just in front of the dash. If I give it a small rev it stops then when revs fall back to idle it starts again, has anyone had similar problems? Any advice would be great

Mine could e doing this too...
Only thing I can think of was a mate with a new triton had something similar and it turned out to be a belt in the clutch area...was done as a Warranty replacement, the dealer said it wasn't going to be a problem bar the noise but he was t going to take that for an answer

I have noticed that recently after driving the nav for about half an hour , when I let it sit there idling a squeaking belt sound. When I popped bonnet I listened up front of engine where belts are and they are fine , but when I get back in car I can hear it well, it sounds as if it is coming from just in front of the dash. If I give it a small rev it stops then when revs fall back to idle it starts again, has anyone had similar problems? Any advice would be great

My D40 diesel had a 'belt noise' in it when I bought it at 109,000 km. I changed all the belts soon after and the noise stayed. I pulled all the belts off and ran it for a short time and the noise was STILL there. It was a cam chain/guide noise. I presented the car and service history to my local dealer and Nissan did the whole job ($4000+) free of charge. This is where a good set of 'books' with a used car is a bonus.
I would highly recommend getting it checked out, could be just a bad belt, maybe not though.
If it is a cam chain and it lets go it will be very nasty.

I know nothing about the mechanics but my 2010 D40 King Cab had the same problem and it had something to do with the clutch pipes at the firewall. It was fixed under warranty by the dealer

Similar Noise in my D40 ST, After replacing belts and noise still there found small leak at exhaust manifold at the rear causing the squeel!

Latest posts

Back