Steering Column Creaking after Body Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prestage754

Reaction score
Hey Guys

i have just put my own body lift in my Navara 2006 D22 St-R 3.0L TD, went in quite well with exception to the power steering hose which wasn't long enough and have cable tied down now the spacer in the tub closest to the cab i couldn't get the bolt in because there was insufficient room and had to angle grind a slot in.

i have started driving my car around and i notice a creaking noise coming out of the steering column, does anyone know what this could be? I didn’t think that extending the column was necessary? i have taken my car to my mechanic to give her a once over and make sure i have done everything ok but does anyone know anything about this creaking? it only seems to happen when taking off and slowing down when the week is turned?

Thanks guys - always seem to get the answers i need on here :D

also is it expensive to extend the steering column? hopefully this isn't a encessary adjustment.

Wait, what did you angle grind a slot in? The chassis,?the tub?

And you Might need to adjust the angle on the steering wheel to account for the extra height, also have you undone the steering column and reset it while doing the body lift? It's probably just under a bit of strain.

50mm body lift, i didn’t loosen the steering column i wasn't aware you had to? is this hard to do?

I had to angle grind a slot out of tray, if you look at the closes bolt to the cab holding the body to the chassis it has a fairly short bolt and it sort of slots in there? with the spacer underneath it and the longer bolt you couldn't get the bolt angled enough to go down so i had to cut a lot and slide the spacer in with the bolt on a tiny angle to fit... sort of hard to explain but i had no other option haha

Back