steinbauer install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X-D22pilot

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone has done a steinbauer module install? Can not find anything decent on the net on it, a wiring diagram would help a lot ;)

From one utube vid I found it looks like just a red and black wire and plug the injectors into it.

instructions

Send me your email address and I will scan instructions and send them to you
Hi, just wondering if anyone has done a steinbauer module install? Can not find anything decent on the net on it, a wiring diagram would help a lot ;)

From one utube vid I found it looks like just a red and black wire and plug the injectors into it.

Has anyone done a install of a steinbauer module? Just curious about the location of the electronic signal wire, some photos would help a lot, cheers

On the ZD30 its the white wire on the brown plug on the side of the accelerator pedal. At idle it reads 0.4 volts going to 4.5volts at wide open throttle.

Attachments

• IMG_7988.jpg
    IMG_7988.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 1,089
The black fitting with the plugs is the throttle position sensor. Dont move it and it cant be bought seperately, you have to buy the whole pedal assembly.

Attachments

• IMG_7989.jpg
    IMG_7989.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 1,303

Yeh I found mine with a multimeter.. You need to have the ignition on and with the multi you depress the pedal and release on each wire until you find the wire which reads 0v to 5v basically..(it won't be exactly 0-5 but it will read example. 0.12v to 4.8v something like that) Takes some time but you get there in the end.. I don't remember which wire it is because its all taped up.. Good luck

Edit; plus I have a d40 but same principal to find it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I have been looking under the bonnet for it ;/, tested every wire I think that looked like it was connected to a throttle body ;)

I got the multimeter, just need to find a way for the wire to go from the engine bay to in the cab now, then I am set, thanks again ;)

hey kade fitted mine today 2008 d22 2.5. on the tps switch on your pedal there are 6 wires or 3 pairs of wires in the plug. when your looking at the plug on the tps(fitted position)in the middle pair of wires you will find a black wire that is where your white signal wire attatches to.Makes a big improvment,i was impressed.

should have finished reading your post. Follow your bonnet cable through to the engine bay(it goes through a grommet.

should have finished reading your post. Follow your bonnet cable through to the engine bay(it goes through a grommet.

Excellent thanks!! Did you just brake the white wire and solder to that? or the connection on the pedal TPS?

i just removed some insulation of the black wire on the tps and soldered the white signal wire to it. It just needs to join onto the black wire, dont cut any wiring though.

i just removed some insulation of the black wire on the tps and soldered the white signal wire to it. It just needs to join onto the black wire, dont cut any wiring though.

Ok thanks, might start the install tonight when it cools, with the wiring loom that plugs into the injectors, does it feed in from the front of the engine or the rear?

hey kade in regards to the wiring,start from the front and work your way to the rear so the main plug (large plug) thats connects to the steinbauer box exits from the rear of the engine. I installed the box on top of the factory fuse box just behind the battery.

hey kade in regards to the wiring,start from the front and work your way to the rear so the main plug (large plug) thats connects to the steinbauer box exits from the rear of the engine. I installed the box on top of the factory fuse box just behind the battery.

Ok thanks, I have already installed it though the other way, I emailed them and they said it can be installed either way, I am amazed at how much difference it makes power wise, I am impressed! ;)

My rig is 2012 with the 2.5 inch Beaudesert Exhaust fitted, it also has a after market cruise control unit fitted so all the wires are different now with the different plugs, the reference signal wire on the back of the pedal was white, same colour as the modules wire, I just stripped a bit of plastic off and soldered it on.

When I ordered the module, they said they could remap it to suit my exhaust, so they did that for me and made a big difference, plug and play, I had a bit of help from my wife to put the reference wire through the bonnet opener grommet, I tried for ages in 40 degree heat and my lanky arms just would not fit, we took it for a test drive and we are very happy with the result, cruise control works fine, a lot more torque and acceleration is very noticeable, thanks for your help guys ;)

Latest posts

Back