Stereo and speaker upgrade for D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can some one tell me what speaker sizes are in the front and rear of a 2010 D40 King Cab?? is it 6x9's in the front and 5" in the rear??

can you also swap the 6x9's in the front for a set of 6" splits fairly easily?? and is it worth putting splits in rear too or just some 2 or 3 ways? i also have a 12" sub to go in.

thanks guys!

Be careful buying Double DIN stereos for the D40. Alot of the units wont fit. My 2006 D40 has a support bar running in the dash in the lower part of the DIN pocket. The factory Double DIN stereo is designed around this support bar but most aftermarket units arent. I (gladly now) went to a single DIN head unit with the intention of fitting my UHF in the lower part but when I went to install the UHF it fouls on the support bar and cant be pushed in far enough. So I bought a DIN pocket with 3 gauge holes and am installing Boost, EGT and Trans Temp gauges and installing my UHF elsewhere, probably on the very front part of the centre console.

can some one tell me what speaker sizes are in the front and rear of a 2010 D40 King Cab?? is it 6x9's in the front and 5" in the rear??

can you also swap the 6x9's in the front for a set of 6" splits fairly easily?? and is it worth putting splits in rear too or just some 2 or 3 ways? i also have a 12" sub to go in.

thanks guys!

I'm not sure about the king cab but the RX D40 Dual Cab don't have 6x9's in the front or back but i'm not sure about the KC . I think the original speakers are in a pod type mount so you may need to use an mdf spacer if you replace them with something thats not the same size but you can buy them if you don't want to make it your self. Spend your $$$ on the front set and either amp your rears or upgrade to something a little better but don't waste to much $$$ on them. If i had a KC i'd put a good set of 6.5" splits in the front and make a wedge shape sub box for the rear and put a 12" sub in. have a look at onlinecarstereos.com for some quality speakers etc at good prices, especially since the Aussie dollar is near par with the American dollar. I'm looking at maybe Focal or Boston Acoustic.

Well i stand corrected, the fronts are 6x9" and rears are 6", weird i know... Thanks to Nissan for the incorrect info that then caused me to buy the wrong speakers..one of your best..

Latest posts

Back