still happy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thing is 9000k is not that much of a definitive test, I still don't trust fuel rail pressure chips, call me crazy but if it could do that all day everyday the mechanical engineers would have worked it into the design.

Ok so my chipit unit is now 40000kms old and has been set pretty high for most of its life. Only recently turned it down to suit the new exhaust and boost setting. I think rail pressure chips aren't that bad. Look after your car and it'll treat you the same. I use Fuel Doctor in every tank plus do regular oil changes with fully syn diesel oils with a genuine filter change aswell.

My mechanic reckons these yd25 motors in the d22 have to be one of the best motors he had worked on. Reliable, economical, simple and effective. Remember the d22 is a under tuned version of the d40 item with a few different items. So of you can pump 150kw out of a d40 I can't understand why the d22 is more reliable. Injectors are identical in both motors aswell as fuel rail.

Rusty

the thing is russ the chip increases preasure about 400psi it reads when it it simply adds more fuel the ecu is tricked buy thr chip the more you boot it the harder it goes remember when our cars where new they were gutless shitboxes now the zd boys will disaprove but the will go harder when set up properly

the thing is russ the chip increases preasure about 400psi it reads when it it simply adds more fuel the ecu is tricked buy thr chip the more you boot it the harder it goes remember when our cars where new they were gutless shitboxes now the zd boys will disaprove but the will go harder when set up properly

I agree mate. They may not have the extra .5L, but they are a fine vehicle. I regretted not getting a 3.0L model, but i can say after the trip to cape and back with the only damage being my fault i can say i like the yd25 motor. Great torque figurea can be achieved if setup properly. Yours being a perfecr example with almost achieving the 550 figures.

Rusty

YD25 is faster then a ZD30, I have owned both and can tell you that much, on paper figures are wrong to IMO the YD25 has more torque in stock form to, however the ZD30 you can take off in 2nd gear and it doesn't really worry it plus it has a nicer sound, more meaty.

Im probably going to buy a new single cab DX and put a steinbauer chip and beau exhaust in it, at just 1.55t and a empty 2.4m alloy tray it should go hard, over the hilux $42500 for a single cab auto is just BS in this day and age, if it was made in japan yea maybe but its thailand for christsake.

Last edited:
i would i think that rusty has done 40k with his chipit and a crap exaust untill now my beau was the last ot the 2'75 dumps and now they are not but 180 i would go for the stein ad beau combo my mate did that and it goes well in a single cab he gets 8.2 without a load but new it was a shit and harsh but efs fixed it and now it's great

I know you had both but stock the 2.5 was just that little faster but on paper why i have driven modified zd 30 and it was bloody fast and not that i care but modified the damm things go

i would i think that rusty has done 40k with his chipit and a crap exaust untill now my beau was the last ot the 2'75 dumps and now they are not but 180 i would go for the stein ad beau combo my mate did that and it goes well in a single cab he gets 8.2 without a load but new it was a shit and harsh but efs fixed it and now it's great

I have to admit i was a lil annoyed when i noticed the 2.5" dump pipe. It still breathes freely and i dont mind its note with the muffler in. Its certainly barks with the muffler delete section in

180degrees;238814I still don't trust fuel rail pressure chips said:
I agree to a point. I'm still to do any reading up on chips, but I did read this from the DP Chip web site (Berrima Diesel, they test/R&D on Pathys and Nav's):

Q: Does the DPChip change Rail Pressure or Fuel Pressures?

A: Of course it does, thats how a common rail system works. Don’t believe the blatant lies and misinformation spread by some disreputable companies who are just trying to create confusion in the marketplace. The factory system changes fuel rail pressures according to engine rpm and load and we just work with the existing factory system. DPChip integrates seamlessly with the existing factory system. DPChip can’t damage the factory system, DPChip just improves on the tuning to make the factory system more efficient. Yes some other systems on the market do only change rail pressures and that’s not efficient, some other systems only change duration which can lead to issues with overfuelling and heat but I guess that’s why those systems have built in ‘automatic cutback’ features which cut back power 1% a second or something like that. Anyone making a song and dance about rail pressures is simply lying to you in an attempt to get sales and shouldn’t be trusted.

from here - http://www.dpchip.com/home/info/faq/

I agree to a point. I'm still to do any reading up on chips, but I did read this from the DP Chip web site (Berrima Diesel, they test/R&D on Pathys and Nav's):

Q: Does the DPChip change Rail Pressure or Fuel Pressures?

A: Of course it does, thats how a common rail system works. Don’t believe the blatant lies and misinformation spread by some disreputable companies who are just trying to create confusion in the marketplace. The factory system changes fuel rail pressures according to engine rpm and load and we just work with the existing factory system. DPChip integrates seamlessly with the existing factory system. DPChip can’t damage the factory system, DPChip just improves on the tuning to make the factory system more efficient. Yes some other systems on the market do only change rail pressures and that’s not efficient, some other systems only change duration which can lead to issues with overfuelling and heat but I guess that’s why those systems have built in ‘automatic cutback’ features which cut back power 1% a second or something like that. Anyone making a song and dance about rail pressures is simply lying to you in an attempt to get sales and shouldn’t be trusted.

from here - http://www.dpchip.com/home/info/faq/

Tell that to all the people on multiple forums with dead CR diesel engines who used pressure chips.

they are all going to tell you BS, its up to the consumer to do their research and above all fit an EGT gauge if they are changing engine operating conditions with a chip.

Chip testing. Maybe 50 grand.

Engine designing and testing, 50 million dollars atleast.

I know who Id trust.

Ok so my chipit unit is now 40000kms old and has been set pretty high for most of its life. Only recently turned it down to suit the new exhaust and boost setting. I think rail pressure chips aren't that bad. Look after your car and it'll treat you the same. I use Fuel Doctor in every tank plus do regular oil changes with fully syn diesel oils with a genuine filter change aswell.

My mechanic reckons these yd25 motors in the d22 have to be one of the best motors he had worked on. Reliable, economical, simple and effective. Remember the d22 is a under tuned version of the d40 item with a few different items. So of you can pump 150kw out of a d40 I can't understand why the d22 is more reliable. Injectors are identical in both motors aswell as fuel rail.

Rusty

What tune on the chip and what boost are you running to suit the beau exhaust?

Latest posts

Back