stock boost for a zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine runs at that and it's a fore front haven't done the egr yet doing it tomorrow I think that's what's it's meant to be running at tho

Supposed to be around 15 psi but they vary a lot depending on things like how the waste gate spring is etc.
Mine has egr mod and when I fitted a boost gauge it showed 16, I then fitted a manual boost controller and it showed 17.5 so I've adjusted until it peaks at 16 psi, they actually make peak boost at 3200 rpm but I never rev it that hard as it just seems pointless really.
I have heard of stock boost figures varying from 12 - 17 psi.
One things for sure since fitting the manual boost controller the waste gate doesn't creep open and all my boost is retained until the set relief point, so I could set it down to 15 psi and it still goes better than before.

oh that's good. I just wanted to make sure it isn't boosting to high. I hardly hit 3000rpm wen changing gears

Like Fourocker,
I thought std boost is 14psi.
I've not long installed a boost gauge and mine shows max boost of 15.
I've also heard that 50% increase to 21psi is quite ok, which would be 3.0bar is considered acceptable in turbo circles.

std is about 15psi.
not sure about max being 21psi
but 3.0 bar is ~44psi. 21psi is about 1.5 bar.

Supposed to be around 15 psi but they vary a lot depending on things like how the waste gate spring is etc.
Mine has egr mod and when I fitted a boost gauge it showed 16, I then fitted a manual boost controller and it showed 17.5 so I've adjusted until it peaks at 16 psi, they actually make peak boost at 3200 rpm but I never rev it that hard as it just seems pointless really.
I have heard of stock boost figures varying from 12 - 17 psi.
One things for sure since fitting the manual boost controller the waste gate doesn't creep open and all my boost is retained until the set relief point, so I could set it down to 15 psi and it still goes better than before.

digging up an old thread but what boost contoller are you running?

cheers
bryan

Back