stock suspension / height - bigger tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancermr

Reaction score
Hi All,

looking for pics of people running bigger tyres on stock suspension on D22 STR?

Anyone out there? or is everyone running lift kits?

I need new rims/tyres soon and need to find out what the biggest size rims/tyres I can get on the car without having to get a lift kit. (lift kit will come later down the track)

Thanks for posting!

265/75s are about the biggest you will squeeze in without a lift. It also depends on the tyre too, but I have that size on the stock rims and did so before I put a suspension lift in the rear. I have had the torsion bars wound up for around 4 years now and haven't had them sag again. Only rubbing I get is on the inside of the front mud flap which I still need to trim...

Last edited:
Same here. I've got 265/75's on stock suspension. I haven't wound up torsion bars and have had no issues with rubbing or scrubbing in the guards.

Yep. Didn't take any before lifting the rear, but the front is wound up to about 10-12mm from the upper bump stop.

And front mudflap clearance after trimming

Hope that helps a bit

thanks so much! that does help!
and it looks good!

If I were to fit 33 inch tyres.
what do I need?
2 inch body lift?
2 inch suspension lift?
both?

and roughly how much do they cost?

Think you would need a body lift and suspension lift to fit 33's. Here's a pic of 32's touching the rear guard and iv had them hitting the plastic end cap on my side step when full flexed with 3inch lift

Attachments

• 20140829_174322.jpg
    20140829_174322.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 246
Yep 2 inch suspension and 2 inch body lift minimum to fit 33's. Prices vary a lot depending if you fit it yourself or get someone else to fit it. Your best bet would be to send zordo on this forum a pm and he will sort you out

Think you would need a body lift and suspension lift to fit 33's. Here's a pic of 32's touching the rear guard and iv had them hitting the plastic end cap on my side step when full flexed with 3inch lift

Thanks! do you have a full side picture of the car?
also is that 32's with standard suspension?

Yep 2 inch suspension and 2 inch body lift minimum to fit 33's. Prices vary a lot depending if you fit it yourself or get someone else to fit it. Your best bet would be to send zordo on this forum a pm and he will sort you out

sounds like its gonna set me back a few dollars.
ill try to find zordo and PM him.

im think of running 33 inch muddies with 2 inch lift.
no body lift.

has anyone else done this with minor rubbing or ?

i run 33's (285 75 16) on 16x8 pos 20 rims, 75mm suspension lift, 30mm body lift and have chopped the inner guards right back. i can still make it rub both front and rear when pushed offroad. so with just a 50mm lift i would expect a fair bit or rubbing.

I've fitted 31 inch maxxis trepadors and still rubbed fairly wickedly, had to bash out the mud guards

Back