Stuck in nth simpson

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha...glad it was a nissan to nissan recovery.
Its amazing such a important wire is so exposed..they really need a cover plate...i lost a big front mounted Dshackle on the birdsville track..it sounded like a coil spring let go...came out and hit everything under the car on the way thru...i stopped fearing the worst....coundlt see anything and turned around to find the object...found my shackle and pin.
Nasty roads up there.
I was driving from mt dare to Finke, these corrugations had already killed a set of front shocks, and have the weirdest feeling ever like the car was leaking. So I pulled over, did a once over in the engine bay, checked under the front, then finally the rear and found the rear diff cover leaking with all bolts movable by fingers!!!

Don't know what made me think to stop but the road around there were horrible! It was just after the Finke rally

I was driving from mt dare to Finke, these corrugations had already killed a set of front shocks, and have the weirdest feeling ever like the car was leaking. So I pulled over, did a once over in the engine bay, checked under the front, then finally the rear and found the rear diff cover leaking with all bolts movable by fingers!!!

Don't know what made me think to stop but the road around there were horrible! It was just after the Finke rally

Goooo spider sensors ;) or bat sensors- what ever you prefer ... And the question arises - did you have diff oil on board ? cheers vic

Goooo spider sensors ;) or bat sensors- what ever you prefer ... And the question arises - did you have diff oil on board ? cheers vic
It had just started leaking out so I had enough to get me to Alice. I was already on a crap front bearing that I pulled cleaned and repacked to get me to Alice haha. That trip really pushed the nav and was a steep learning curve on prep!!

After the Mt Dare Rd we went across to Batton Hill. By that time we were bouncing like a kangaroo as both front shocks were totally and utterly stuffed!

Back