STX 550 replace fog lights with serious lights ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomAu

Reaction score
I'd like to replace the standard 550 factory fog lights (lamps would be a better description) with something really powerful which is still the same size.
Anyone know what is around or available ?

Thanks,
Tom

I dare say your talking about the same fog lights all the D40 get. Your biggest issue is that the size of the light wont let you mount anything decent (without a lot of stuffing around) in there.4" driving lights dont doo much. You can replace the lights with LED but thats about it. I dont mean just globes either but complete fittings .
Now if your really into making brackets and fiddly stuff you could always try finding some Projector Lense type lights and try making them fit . Still wont be spectacular but could be better.

Just have to remember they are fog lights and as such arent meant to light up hundreds of meters in front.

Or purchase an Xrox steel bullbar like me, it has spots to fit the original fog lights, or any other type of light you want. Plus up to 5 full size spot lights and 2+ Antenna mounts.

Has anyone tried the fog light swap? would a 4" light fit without too much trouble? only other thing i can think of is one of those big rectangular LED bars and putting it where the number plate goes, and making a sticker for the number plate (or put it on the dash for trips and leave it on around town). The nav front looks too good to be putting a bar on

Latest posts

Back