stx550 hit a roo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sterlo

Reaction score
bloody hit a roo. does not look like much damage but is $15000 and months with out a car due to no parts in australia.

80km/h and it broke the intercooler in half, broke the tranny cooler ( which stopped the car due to draining oil) broke the radiator, condensor, bonet both headlights, grill , front bumper, all braces and brakets in the front.

now have a arb bull bar. worth its weight in gold i think.

Attachments

• 20121217_054011.jpg
    20121217_054011.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 406
  • 20121217_064746.jpg
    20121217_064746.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 344
OUCH!! the time without a car would be the biggest pain, you say you now have a BB does that mean you have the car back?

We were just discussing if should install a bull bar :dong:

Don't discuss, just get one. Definitly a case of better safe than sorry unless you never leave one of the main city CBDs

Chuck a picture up of your Ute with the bar on, always good to see how it looks after she's all fixed up.

I would suggest adding "roo whistles" to your bar. I put some on mine, just inside the central loop (one on each side). Doesn't always scare the roos, they're so dumb they come out to have a look, but the goats, wild dogs, sheep and cows all make a run for it.

I would suggest adding "roo whistles" to your bar. I put some on mine, just inside the central loop (one on each side). Doesn't always scare the roos, they're so dumb they come out to have a look, but the goats, wild dogs, sheep and cows all make a run for it.

great idea Tony! I always wondered if they ever worked. A mate has a pair on his bike, might have helped when I hit a wallaby on my bike a few years back! lol!

You were lucky, could have easily been so much worse.

Just don't get too over confident because you have a bar fitted, they may protect from somethings but even steel bars often come off second best with a wildlife attack. I've done more damage to trucks with steel bars than I have ali bars when it comes to roos.

Those roo whistle are really hit and miss and there is still many wildlife strikes on vehicles with them fitted which makes a lot of people say they don't work, but given the cost of them is so small they are a very cheap item to give people some peace of mind. They may not always work and you may never know if they do work but there isn't much else on the market for $15 or less that has a better chance of working.

Oh the roo whistles don't work on roos at all, if anything it draws them closer. I'm sure that Skippy turns to Bounder and asks "Whadphukizzat? Lemme check!" Our last trip up the silver city highway proved that sometimes goats can mis-step and I have video footage to prove that emus don't give a damn about the whistles, they'll run in front of the car no matter what.

I do recommend staying off the roads between about 9:30pm and 7:30am (summer). I've done days from 4:30am right through to 10:30pm (under 8T so no log book required, get that up ya). Roos a-plenty if the rain's been scarce during those hours. If there's been no rain, the bitumen causes condensation which encourages grass growth and the wild animals know it - so when there's been plenty of rain, you don't see many roos. I hit more birds than anything else when the rain's been around!

Well that has sold the bar to me as the next mod! While bad for you thanks for posting, it just cements the importance with the V6 TD model particularly.

Do peeps like the ARB job, or ECB?

and to think the government and the pedestrian council want to ban bull bars. bugger that i dont want some wayward pedestrian ruining my nav....lol seriously though it does show how important bull bars are in this country..... mind your own buisness juliar Gillard....

Latest posts

Back