Sub tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk1776

Reaction score
Hi All

I am planning to install another Fuel Tank or a sub tank as you call it. I am planning to use something like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4WD-DIES...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7fb1fbc4 of closer to size.

We are removing the spare wheel as we are making rear bar with wheel carrier. So this is where the sub tank will go.
We are also planning to run the main hose fill straight from the sub tank and run an second hose back to the main tank.

As pictured

tankgqk.png

Is this possible or we still need to install a second fuel pump?

I'm interested. Thinking of doing this myself. Already moved the spare to the rear bar and with a body lift I've got acres of room under the tray now. I like your design. Keep the sub tank higher than the main tank and gravity feed it. No need for a transfer pump- I'd probably include a non return valve in the line between the sub and original tank. See no reason why that wouldn't work.

Put some pictures up when you do the install.

Good luck

Have you read though the ADR's?

you can't just go and make up a your own combinations of fuel tanks.... Does that plastic one comply with the rules?

pbk..it is possible to do both

on my 100 series i run just on 300litres of fuel...have a transfer pump but with solenoid shut off.

The cruiser comes std with 2 fillers though..makes life easier

Last edited:
pbk. this is an interesting idea. im not sure if the gravity feed will work due to the height of the bottom fitting on the sub tank to the top level of the main tank. you would have to measure to be sure. ive been thinking about a second tank for a while now. i have moved my spare wheel to a wheel carrier so have plenty of room to play. i realy want to try to fit some sort of tank to carry closer to 100L. will have to get it made i know. i was toying with the idea of removing the muffler and re routing the exhaust out the side of the car. it gives you so much more room.

And just a simple gravity fed set up too. Looks promising.

Exactly - seems that more people have this kind of setup
simple. I guess the most crucial part is the measurements
and the area space of the AUX tank will go so you can use
gravity to fill main tank

it passed 1.5 years... how did this end?? did you build your own system??

I'm interested on what you did, cause I'm planning a long trip(6000kms or more) here in southamerica and çi want to carry as much good diesel as I can, to avoid bad ones and get problems on my D22.

greetings!!

Old post i know but still interesting
I had a navara in Africa with a 115 litre tank that connected to the spare area it was very long and used every scrap of availiable space ,the spare still lived under the car which was good as it was my tool and gear hauler.
As a former service station owner id be reccomending a massive breather pipe so you could fill that one in the diagram and let the trapped air in the lower tank out without a messy blow back

Latest posts

Back