Sump Gasket Replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atcmatt

Reaction score
Just want to see what you guys have paid a mechanic to replace the sump gasket on your D22's??

Mine has sprung a slow leak so I guess I'll get it fixed before too long. Looks like it has been done before, lots of silicone gasket around. Have degreased it all today and will check that it's definitely leaking from there. I would do it myself usually but looks like a horrible job with everything in the way, especially doing it on a sloped driveway!

Thanks for any help.

Matt

you need to remove the crossmember and the front diff to get access to the sump. the sump on the zd is 1 piece and on the yd is 2 pieces, lower and upper sump. you might have to separate the gearbox from the engine for the yd motor (not sure about the zd) since you cant get access good to the back 3 bolts that hold the upper sump to the block. with really good tools you can get away with it. unless you drop the bolts inside the bellhousing.... gl ! remember not to overkill it with the liquid gasket. tightening order and torque is on the service manual you can download for free.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah it's a ZD30. Leak is not too bad just enough to annoy me but doesn't drop into the driveway. I will get it done in a few weeks once I have a bit of cash, not going to attempt it myself, gone are the days wrenching on my car!

Jesus if it aint dripping I wouldnt even worry about it. zd motors are long in the tooth now nothing wrong with an oil weep, I have a few haha. The ZD30 doesnt need to separate the gearbox. Only painful thing I had to do is remove the bolts from my idler arm so I could move the draglink out of the way to make it easier to get the sump on and off.

Fair point shorty. Someone has done the sump gasket prior to me owning it. My ute has 160k on it, so she's not that long in the tooth. She's been a good reliable ute, best car I have owned. Look after her though. Might wait to see if it gets worse and if not I'll just keep degreasing her every few weeks. Cheers.

Haha It's not leaking oil... It's sweating out power!!

Also if you park it where a hilux or ranger once parked, it may be trying to mark it's territory.

Latest posts

Back