Suncoast Exhaust - Still around?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHDamo

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking to upgrade exhaust - 2.75/3in. On sunny coast so figured Suncoast might be worth a call (seemed they did a few systems a few years back that were the biz) - seems like they may have shut down? No posts for ages and fb page says permanently closed. Anyone know if the dude who did the work moved on to somewhere else? All of the local shops I've been into aren't interested in doing any custom work, even though they all claim to do custom exhausts. They just try and push full kits (the ones I've been to) and they're all well over $1100 fitted (would go a bdesert one for that but not keen on so exy). Could probs fit myself but not sure I'm up for a battle with the dump pipe. Was kinda keen to get a nicely built custom for a fair price. Thinking just dump, cat and mandrel bent.

Any info appreciated.

Yeah it cant hurt to let your fingers do the walking and call them up. As to the general reluctance to do a custom job that you have found so far - well any decent exhaust shop can do a custom job, but then again, any decent exhaust shop will also have kit exhausts at their disposal for fairly common vehicles like these, and why would anyone want to naff around making something from scratch when they could have just ordered a bolt-in? Just a thought.

I just bought a Dandy exhaust or DEA 3" kit for my d22 as seen on ebay. $600 with cat and muff. They are fairly local to me so I thought id go in in person and inspect before buying, plus it was kind of a custom order.
Casting an eye over it the quality looks fine. Cant really see how it could be any better. Whether it actually fits or not is another story. Ill update on any fitment issues when i get around to installing it. (see other thread)

But basically, its a turbo exhaust. There's no witchcraft that might net you another 2hp like it would on a high performance N/A. All you want to do is eliminate back pressure after the turbo. So, as long as its all mandrel bends like you've already said, straight through muffler if you have one at all, and high flow cat if you have one at all, and at least 2.5" with no obvious restrictions it will work fine.

Yeah thanks for the update. The Dea one is on my radar too. Being so far away it does seem a bit 'fleabay' but good to hear you've been in for a look. Will see how your fitment goes and that might just just be my solution. I've read that a few Melbourne guys are running them and seem to be happy. Price is a bloody winner!

not sure where suncoast exhausts are but there is a very good exhaust shop that will do any custom work at [ Caloundra Exhausts ] there up the side street at the round about where Sunco Motors are, approx 400 metres down.

* tried calling suncoast - no answer.

Went into Caloundra exhaust and while he was knowledgeable and helpful he basically just showed me the catalogue. I didn't push the custom thing but he had some nice cars in there, figured he maybe wasn't that keen on getting too dirty on a navara. The Genie catalogue was claiming 40% improvement. Sounds like everybody needs one 😋 Seemed quality but more clams than I wanted to pay.

Just keep calling around. Dont be scared if they offer a kit - it just means it was made on a jig 20 at a time. Quality would probably be better, but if the fitment is shit - they're fitting it then its their problem. Plus having the exhaust in 4 or 5 pieces for flat-pack purposes is ok because even then they are a pain in the arse to thread through the chassis. If the pieces were longer it would be an absolut nosebleed especially if you ever just wanted to drop one section of the exhaust later on down the track when working on the ute.

Bit of an update on the Dandy Exhausts/dea job, the fitment is good , except it fouls on the nissan tow bar. Had to cut and shut the last down turn. Cant comment on dump pipe fitment because mines custom, but ive seen the dump pipes and they look really nice. Still, i would be reluctant to buy ebay from the other side of the country on something like an exhaust.

Last edited:
Cheers, good to hear quality is good and fitment too. How long is the exhaust? Does it stuck out the back? I haven't been under for a proper look yet.

I'm not afraid of the prefab jobs. Just not keen on paying 1200 bucks. I was after custom as guys on here have had them made and fitted for 600-800. I'd also like to support a local guy who is good at what he does if possible.

Probs going for a Dea at this point I think - free post at the moment.

Yeah true. Theres a little shop hidden away where i used to live, bloke works on his own, did really good work and cheap, I used to get him to do a few bits and pieces. Its good to support local small business. Found a good one near where i live now too, i feel a bit guilty not getting them to do it but im kinda on a diy kick now after the turbo conversion. Surely there's something nearby?Keep ringing around getting prices.

The dea one - normal length i guess, wouldve popped out just after the towbar and spare tyre but i had to modify that bit. They must have made their jig from a vehicle with no tow bar. Ill chuck up a pic later.

Suncoast is gone. I tried to get in contact with them earlier this year to see about a dump pipe but no luck. I heard that Fletcher from Suncoast had moved across to Noosa Exhaust and Mechanical but when I called them up they said he had since moved overseas.

Ended up going to Macs Mufflers in Strathpine.

Suncoast is gone. I tried to get in contact with them earlier this year to see about a dump pipe but no luck. I heard that Fletcher from Suncoast had moved across to Noosa Exhaust and Mechanical but when I called them up they said he had since moved overseas.

Ended up going to Macs Mufflers in Strathpine.

Cheers.

Bummer!

How were they? Price? Would you recommend them?

Cheers.

Bummer!

How were they? Price? Would you recommend them?

Yeah they're a pretty good shop and look after Navara guys well. It was pretty cheap to get a new dump pipe, flex joint and mounting tag put into the system because Suncoast never put one on and the exhaust was unsupported from the dump pipe back to the muffler and used to shake around like crazy.

Lashed out and bought a Dea complete 3" system with cat but muffler delete. Had it fitted Fri by a local mob, wanted to avoid the fight with the dump - glad I did, even the exhaust place had a nightmare. They claim that the system was also tricky to fit but I think they were just pissed about the dump being a bitch. I Bloody love it. Can't feel the turbo kick in at all as it's already pulling properly all the way through revs. Giving it a proper run up and down a low range track while shuttling mtn bikes 2moro - should be a good test. I'm already impressed with the results on the commute tho - bring on the dirt!

The fitter probably has no skin left on his knuckles, the dump is a bugger and there is stuff all room to work. Good to see your pleased with the results, the price is good too.

Lashed out and bought a Dea complete 3" system with cat but muffler delete. Had it fitted Fri by a local mob, wanted to avoid the fight with the dump - glad I did, even the exhaust place had a nightmare. They claim that the system was also tricky to fit but I think they were just pissed about the dump being a bitch. I Bloody love it. Can't feel the turbo kick in at all as it's already pulling properly all the way through revs. Giving it a proper run up and down a low range track while shuttling mtn bikes 2moro - should be a good test. I'm already impressed with the results on the commute tho - bring on the dirt!

Nice. Does it sound good? I'm lovin mine now i've gotten used to it. ive got the muffler and cat though. Nice fruity deep burble under load. I think a couple weeks soot build up helps it out a bit too- smooths out the imperfections (i did a couple of crappy joins when i modded mine for the custom turbo) and deadens it a bit.
Noticed its all aluminised when i had to customise mine so it shouldnt rust in a hurry either!

Yeah, the sound is growing on me. Under full load when climbing today it had a bit of a Kenworth growl to it. Mostly just a throaty grumble under normal conditions when loaded, not at all in your face when coasting/idle. A guy who drove it without knowing the car commented, "this is really nice to drive" - nobody has ever said that before. Another guy had a drive back up the hill, loved it and asked for another.

The bit I like most, when you're climbing and need to slow for a rough section, no need to change gears anymore it'll just pull even from low revs. I never had this trust in it before and rightly so. So much more torque (or at least what is there is more useable).

Pretty amazed really, money very well spent in my opinion.

imagine how much better still this system would be if you fitted the better Dump Pipe. the stock dump is quite restrictive what i have seen in pics at the turbo mounted end of dump.

imagine how much better still this system would be if you fitted the better Dump Pipe. the stock dump is quite restrictive what i have seen in pics at the turbo mounted end of dump.

It has a new dump pipe, the system came with one.

Latest posts

Back