Sunday drive anybody ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple more pics from the day. The first one was a fallen tree that Ian made short work of, and the second you can just see Matt and Ian up ahead on the track. Really dramatic scenery with the deep green spring grass and the Black trees.

Attachments

• IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 35
I only took 1 photo. Here it is.

Its the first time I have been up there since the fires. I looked at this photo tonight and remembered the morning after the fires, sitting in my tow truck listening to the news all day, and just being overwhelmed as the news came in of the devastation.

The last time I shopped in the main st of Marysville it was a sunny Sunday afternoon, we had spent all weekend there. It was just the usual sunday bustle of locals and visitors and kids and so on. Last Sunday when we drove into town, mist hanging around the hills and burned out remains everywhere, it was like I imagine a war zone some time after the fighting has stopped.

Attachments

• IMG_4793.jpg
    IMG_4793.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 27
I only took 1 photo. Here it is.

Its the first time I have been up there since the fires. I looked at this photo tonight and remembered the morning after the fires, sitting in my tow truck listening to the news all day, and just being overwhelmed as the news came in of the devastation.

The last time I shopped in the main st of Marysville it was a sunny Sunday afternoon, we had spent all weekend there. It was just the usual sunday bustle of locals and visitors and kids and so on. Last Sunday when we drove into town, mist hanging around the hills and burned out remains everywhere, it was like I imagine a war zone some time after the fighting has stopped.

One picture speaks volumes.
Those trees are dead from the overwhelming heat but over time the bush will recover bit by bit.
Many of us will remember where we were that weekend and the anger, anxiety and heartbreak we felt.
Your picture resounds with me and reminds me of the spray painted plywood on the fenceline of a property on Kinglake roundabout " WE WILL REBUILD !!!"

Latest posts

Back