Sunraysia rims and tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdog40

Reaction score
Hey guys

My mate is handing down some black 16x7 sunraysia rims he had on his hilux which he no longer uses anymore.

I don't do a lot of 4x4 but when I do go for days on end so I want the right gear.

A few questions, these sunraysia rims will they have the right setup to fit on my nav? I'm running an 04 d22 str. Also, what size tyres do ya wreckin I wack on them?

Like I said I don't do a lot 4x4 but I also don't do a lot of driving as it is so I want something that's not to much overkill for driving on the road but good enough to go off road on.

Thanks in advance.

Gdog

Stud pattern is the same as hilux. Centre bore on all steelies is 111mm so they won't sit hubcentric on your Nav. If you have a look at my thread a few above yours, this causes vibration issues for some trucks, however you might get lucky and get none!

so i have got the wheels off my mate and the tyres that are on them are bfgoodrich 245/70's. I just have some A/T Bridgestone tires with stock rims 265/70 sizes at the moment and they seem to be somewhat reasonable.

I went into tyrepower just before and they said if i fit the 245's my speedo will be out by 10km's then he proceeded to give me a price for maxi's and cooper tires before i just walked out.

Just want to confirm that this is true?

Would it be possible to fit the 265's on the rims and take off the 245's and sell/give them away?

Cheers,

Gdog

Or will it even put my speedo out seeing as though it's only a thinner the and it doesn't go up in height?!

If the rims are the same size, yes you can fit your 265s. They are right about the speedo being out, but it's your choice as to whether you put up with this or not.

It's all about rolling diamater - here are the diameters for your two tyre sizes - 749.4mm 777.4mm. So it's a pretty significant difference.

I didn't think it'd make such a difference because of the its width not height.

Smithbro I have 265's on now I'm going to fit.245s see how they go. Hopefully it's not to much difference in speed.

Who wants to go top speed in a diesel anyway?!

I do a little bit of highway driving to visit family in Melbourne and that's it. Most of the time I ride my motorbike to work. I lasted 2 months on one tank of diesel haha.

When I get home I'll fit the 245s and test them out I'm just worried they won't be hubcentric and I'll get heaps of vibration at higher speeds

Something to consider, tho probably doesn't apply here, is fitting a 265/70/16 for those that use there car 4wdriving and touring is more about the availability of the tyre if you do so happen to have a blowout or stake it when of travelling, there is a lot of 265/70/16 tyres and generally easier to get hold of even second hand if the need arises in those more remote areas.

Anyway good luck I had 245's on my 03 Nav when I bought it, which technically it shouldn of passed the Roadworthy as stock is 255/70/16 that it came out with for that year and model, your allowed to go up but not down in tyre size(at least that's what I have been told by a reputable tyre place) and not sure if insurance would cover you running the wrong tyre size for that vehicle if they even noticed, pretty sure the 245's are a pajero size tyre.

Last edited:
I got the tires off a mate who owns a hilux. I'll speak to the Tire mob today and see what they say. Right now I don't have the money to upgrade the tires, 300 a pop is pretty dear at the moment especially when I wanna get my suspension lift done to.

I assumed they wouldn't be.

So I'll try them out and hope they're good or have to get in spacers to see how they go.

Just an update....

I went into a different Tyre store in my country town this time and they said the rims and tires wont be central and it's a smaller Tyre designed for the navara so it will void insurance and I will need spacers which will also void insurance. He said I can purchase new sunraysia rims for 110 and put the tires I have on my car on those rims. I will probably look at doing that I didn't expect the rims.to be so cheap

AFAIK all steel wheels will not be hubcentric on D22. They are all made with a 111mm centre bore to allow for Hilux's, and anything smaller (eg D22 is 100mm centre bore) will also fit. D22s use conical nuts from factory, so they will sit lug-centric if whoever fits them is careful on install.

My recent experiences with tyre shops has left me saying they are all clueless cowboys looking to get as much money out of you as they possibly can. If you are not careful they will have you buying new wheels or tyres before even attempting to work with what you have. That's business I spose though. You get more accurate advice from forums and facebook pages, the people on these forums generally work on their own trucks and know more about setting them up than your average tyre salesman.

Latest posts

Back