Surface Rust Repair.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewood11

Reaction score
Hi All. I’ve got a few surface rust spots on the cab roof of my navara. I’ve watched upteen you tube videos on how to sort light rust spots and to be honest they’re all pretty hopeless. It’s just a bit of surface rust. Just wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers on how to tackle it. Most of the guff on you tube tends to suggest using a really course sand paper at first then filling it and then using fine stuff to get a smooth finish. Do I really need to fill it after sanding away the rust? It’s just on the surface there are no holes or patches that have rotted through. Also should I use an etch primer and then paint it? Any advice would be good. Cheers.

As you describe here, this is a good way. Otherwise I would go to a good garage/paint shop.

I also have rust on the front of my roof, but much worse.
I'll figure out how to approach this.
What I'm wondering is:
How does that rust get there?
This in the same place on the left and right.
Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks in advance
Peter
Roest op dak - Links.jpg
Roest op dak - Rechts.jpg

Use a sander with 180 grit in it and sand the rust spot back to bare metal. Feather out the edges of the repair so there are no noticeable ridges between the primer and top coats. Then wet and dry with 600 around the repair. Wax and Grease remover at every step.
Etch prime, then primer surfacer over the top. Wet sand 600 again, then top coat

Latest posts

Back