Surging during acceleration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evo67k

Reaction score
Hey Fellas
Im hoping someone can shed some light on my problem....
06 Navara d22 zd30
To cut a long story short.......
I figured Id got a bad batch of fuel....
Ive changed the fuel filter and even gone to the painful task of removing the fuel tank a couple of days ago and cleaning it out.
Have filled up with new fuel and the problem is still occurring, always during acceleration.

All suggestion appriecated

As above ^^ pretty sure there is a "sticky" thread with all the info you will need on how to find it and disconnect it.

Check and clean your MAF (mass air flow) sensor also. I run a K&N air filter and over oiled it once and the oil residue fowled the MAF, I noticed then that under acceleration I had like a flat spot effect. It worth a try anyway.
Cheers, Brad.

Try cleaning your MAF sensor. You can buy a spay cleaner from auto stores designed for this job. Just spray it though don't scrub it or anything like that because it's fragile and expensive to replace. Also check your fuel filter. If it's not a genuine it could be giving you problems. A fuel purge does wonders also.
Keep us posted.

Cheers Brad.

Try cleaning your MAF sensor. You can buy a spay cleaner from auto stores designed for this job. Just spray it though don't scrub it or anything like that because it's fragile and expensive to replace. Also check your fuel filter. If it's not a genuine it could be giving you problems. A fuel purge does wonders also.
Keep us posted.

Cheers Brad.

I've done a Maf clean on my Subaru before. I have some leftover maf cleaner, would it be suitable or does it vary depending on the car?

Best to use a genuine Nissan filter if you can and do a ecu reset after installation. The maf cleaner should be fine it's just a hydrocarbon blend, some have even used metho. Have you checked around the turbo for any loose hoses causing fluctuating boost?. Also the nps is a possibility though yours is new and it probably is unlikely, there is a sticky thread here you can check that just to be sure.
HJ

As happy John has said the MAF cleaner will be fine. Use a genuine filter also. The ryco's can cause issues. Make sure you have both of the 'o' rings fitted and as happy John said do a ECU reset after the change. Genuine filter should come with the o rings. image-1755772990.jpg Fitted o rings image-83121603.jpg

She seems to be all good now. I changed the filter, due to the public holiday the ryco was all that I could get my hands on. Chucked in the additive to the fuel and did a ecu reset and she's going better than ever. Hopefully she stays that way!

As happy John has said the MAF cleaner will be fine. Use a genuine filter also. The ryco's can cause issues. Make sure you have both of the 'o' rings fitted and as happy John said do a ECU reset after the change. Genuine filter should come with the o rings. View attachment 17349 Fitted o rings View attachment 17350

Touch wood, but I'm yet to have a problem using ryco fuel filters on my 3L navava, I've also used Sakura fuel filters, we use them at work if they can't supply fleetguard filters, the Sakura filters were free so I wasn't knocking back 3 filters. But I always lube up the sealing ring on filters be it oil or fuel

And for anyone that reads this thread in the future the Nav ZD30 doesn't have a MAF.

Touch wood, but I'm yet to have a problem using ryco fuel filters on my 3L navava, I've also used Sakura fuel filters, we use them at work if they can't supply fleetguard filters, the Sakura filters were free so I wasn't knocking back 3 filters. But I always lube up the sealing ring on filters be it oil or fuel
Yep, I lubed the seal ;) haha

Latest posts

Back