Surging in 3rd, 4th, 5th gear. Not NPS.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkdvs22

Reaction score
Hi all.

Driving to and from work yesterday i noticed the nav was 'surging' in 3rd 4th and 5th gears even on the slightest incline. It was also lacking a bit of power at other times. I checked on here and found some info about the NPS. Disconnected that. However it is still surging. Its a 2010 D22 YD25. Really hoping its not dirty fuel. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers. Luke.

I would have said the clutch might be on the way out but not on a 2010 model, take the diesel filter out and check for dirty or even water in there, if so replace with a new one and see how it goes.
Best thing to do would be to contact Nissan and get them to sort it out under warranty.

Cheers. I did notice on the way home today that it was blowing a blueish grey smoke while it was under load or going up hill

Had a look when i got home, fuel filters fine. Everything else seems to be fine. Clutch sounded completely didfferent when i depressed it with the engine off, booked in on friday to have it looked at, hopefully covered by warranty

All fixed today. Turns out the fuel filter was shot and the air intake sensor was faulty. Big difference in power and acceleration.

All fixed today. Turns out the fuel filter was shot and the air intake sensor was faulty. Big difference in power and acceleration.

is that the sensor that goes into the air box?

I had the fuel filter changed but it still surges..
ive been told here that its the NPS but now it sounds like it could be this sensor also...

I doubt that will be it usally ur car will blow out smoke drive like shit not cut out in 3rd and 4th but still give it a go

Latest posts

Back