Suspension for height and smoothness

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shagsta22

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know this has been covered before but every vehicle is different and people have different priorities.

I have a D22 4x4 single cab. It still has all the standard suspension underneath other than some TJM shocks that I put in about 60,000kms ago.

Ever since I bought the truck, its been as rough as hell to ride in, even with the new shocks. Most people (even D22 dual cab owners) don't seem to believe it could be so bad until they ride in it. It's that bad that my wife has to go to the Chiropractor everytime we take it offroad!

So I'm thinking of upgrading the suspension. As well as smoothing out the ride I'd like a good lift as I go 4x4ing sometimes and a few times every winter I take a ton of firewood out to the inlaws.

I've talked to heaps of people including "suspension experts" at Autopro and they all have different ideas. So what would fellow D22 owners think is a good option?

I have also read that the body mounts on D22's wear out quite quickly, could installing new body mounts help? Or bump stops?

check your truck height, torsion bars can sag over time so you might need to tighten that up
easy to check is you have bumpstops or they just fell off

Ring John at ZORDOS suspension.
Just like every thread here will tell you mate.
If you'd looked into it

Thanks Stelianos. I'll look into those.

Mike, who stole the Jam out of your donut? That's a great way to help a new member feel welcome.

If you'd read my post I mentioned that "every vehicle is different and people have different priorities". What works for one person's vehicle might not work for mine. Being as I have different priorities to most, I was simply looking to see if anyone has similar priorities with a single cab D22 and has had success.

Even if I did "look into it" (which I actually did for a while), I could be looking for days before I find something fully relevant to my needs. And I'm not going to just ring some suspension co just cos he might tell me what's right, I can go to any suspension co to do that. I was looking for the collective opinions of members. It's kind of the point of a forum...

If it's such big a chore to give someone some friendly advice, why are you even bothering to read posts on here?

Apologies everyone!:peace: So....anyone else have any opinions that might actually be constructive?

if the torsion bars are ok and the height sets good will mean your clearance of the top wishbones to the bumpstops (yours being a single cab might not have lower wishbone but a link assemply) then your shocks have failed, try to give the front of the truck i good shake up and down and if it doesnt rebound on the first then the shocks are bad or you can just replace the shocks and see

Back