Suspension lift question?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to the forum. I have a 2013 st d40 that i want to lift and fit bigger tyres 32" or 33" if they fit? Was lookin at running 2" front struts and rear leafs and either 2" spacers(front) and shackles in the rear or a 2" body lift (instead of spacers and shacles) anyone know which would be better setup and also has anyone found lifting bigger than 2" to cause CV dramas/issues?? Cheers

That's right with radflo. Look my D40

uploadfromtaptalk1389534836222.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1389534964368.jpg

G'day and Welcome to the forum.
Check out the D40 section of the forum for stack and stacks of info on all your suspension and tyre size questions, there is enough info there to help you make up your mind on which way you end up going.

The basic problem with the D40 going over 2"suspension lift is with wheel alignment issues and also the Upper Control Arm (UCA) hitting the top of the coil housing when in the full droop position. the best way to over come those probs is to install after market UCA's like above "PRG" and a few others, this will allow you to correct the camber/caster issues and also give more clearance so not to get the coil bucket contact.

If you can afford the $$ the D40 will benefit more from a bigger suspension lift compared to a suspension + body lift simply due to the chassis being so LOW and the length of the wheel base makes them prone to poor ramp over, as well as approach and departure but that can be corrected a little with a body lift you just wont fix the ramp over issue unless you lift the chassis via suspension.

Last edited:
I run just a suspension lift. 70mm rear and 60mm front lift with 15mm front spacers and some guard mods. I run 33's with no probs, no wheel alignment or CV issues. But, as said above, the UCA's occasionally hit the coil bucket on flex, but im about to spend $900 on some aftermarket adjustable UCA's

Thanks for your advice guys i think ill go a 2" kit for now and then look at gettin spacers and uca's next. anyone know good suspension places to go in perth alot of places dont like fittin anything bigger than 2" for legal obligations ive found, any recommendations?

Thanks for your advice guys i think ill go a 2" kit for now and then look at gettin spacers and uca's next. anyone know good suspension places to go in perth alot of places dont like fittin anything bigger than 2" for legal obligations ive found, any recommendations?

Perth 4X4 in Balcatta , Ashley is pretty cued up on the D40's as he has owned a couple himself.

Back