Suspension recomendations

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb

Reaction score
Hi there guys. Just after some feedback. Im looking at doing a lift on my 2014 stx. From talking with customers and mates with d40s ive put together my own "kit" let me know your thoughts. 2" lift all round
Tough dog adjustables front and rear
Efs front springs (40-70kg) im getting a bar later on
Dobinsons rear leaves 150kg constant load. 1/2 use on sydneys road no weight 1/2 towing the boat/camping etc
Greaseable shackles, new bushes and u bolts.
10mm front strut spacers (to be confirmed) ill see how level it sits after the suspensions in and done a couple thousand km

Any ideas/comments?
Cheers Dave

Depends on the ball weight, really - we had dual rate springs for ours, we didn't want the car to feel too harsh when unloaded or not towing, and the dual rate springs perform extremely well, even driving (with a 1.8T van, 180kg ball weight on the back) on lightly corrugated roads at over 90km/h. With the new van (2.5T GTM, 135kg ball weight) it still performs extremely well although we haven't had it out on the rough stuff yet.

Everything else sounds pretty good.

Thanks Tony, where did you get the springs from?? I was hoping to compensate the springs with the adjustable shocks. The boats 1.8t loaded with fuel but is so big on there it seems alot heavier. Compared on a 2013 triton freeway we get 5l/100 better towing a smaller lower 2.3t haines

DONT USE SAX!! sorry Tony, but there has been nothing but bad raps for there leaf packs and that includes with D40 or D22 and the other fellas on the Ranger forum and all have said the customer service is the worst actually none existent.
However i have heard nothing but good things about Dobinsons.

There were a couple of good reports here saying that they'd apparently resolved their issues. So much for that, then.

Ah ok, i havent seen any yet, just seen more bad raps over on the Ranger forum over the last few weeks, however there was one supporter in amongst all the bad.

Thanks for the input guys. Ive heard heaps of reports from customers about how the dobinson rears were amazing but front not so good. Once the navigations in ill be onto the suspension...then onto an exhaust and tune/chip (im getting out of a e3 clubby into the nav)

I have Dobinsons all around I believe ( hard to say what the mechanic fitted) happy with everything accept the front shocks and springs, again could be the installer not selecting the right spring. Have had one set of lower bushes replaced though

I wouldn't use efs coils because they sag I try'd the heavy duty ones and took them out a month later, but there leaf's seem ok.

Anything on tjm a customer was raving about the package today and it seems much cheaper 1795 rather than 1980?

Latest posts

Back