suspension upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colin66

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone suggest a decent suspension upgrade for 2006d22. I need to carry more weight than standard and would like a little bit firmer ride.

Possible price would be good to. Vehicle has been upgraded with Bull bar, winch duel battery ect.

Cheers

hey there big fella just put a 3 inch snake racing lift on my d22 2006 3 grand all up new rear leafs and front torsions and t dog shocks awsome love it . i little higher than forst though ...now just need larger tyres 32 33" i think . go for it . plus got the steeer brace , rock rods , and all the goods ..

2" EFS kit with torsion bards for around $1500 of just under, will come down firmer rear leaf springs and HD torsion bars and shocks

Been looking into this myself.... Are you carrying the weight all the time or only occ?

ARB quoted me for an Old Man Emu (OME) 400kg Dakar lift with nitro sports shocks 1600 (no torsions required, cos i have no winch and a ally bar) at Perth camping and caravanning last week.

Advantage- Still legal only 2 inch lift (afaik 3" not legal in WA, dont know where you are, and don't forget, the lift limit includes suspension and tyre size upgrade if thinking of going in that direction) think about risk of voiding insurance or increased premiums (worth a call to ins company?) with bigger lifts.

If you got steel bar, dual batt and winch did you get torsions wound up or replaced when you had winch done? if already replaced so you will have saved yourself 3-400$ if not then the old bars may be at their limit and need to be replaced as well.

Disadv - more expensive

Pros and cons for every make, and everyone has their own opinion, and every shop will sell you their preffered brand, there is loads of forum chat on this. Check out Jasons recent poll on suspension.

I have heard of poor customer service with Snake Racing but the kit is quite good. Gabriel shock (ironman I think + many of the cheaper brands) quailty varies massively depending on country of origin, Bilstein shocks very good but single skin, dont know about EFS but popular on the forum.

For me (and I'm sure I will get shot down for saying this), I think you "probably" get what you pay for and will likely go for OME.

If your gonna carry heavier weight all the time get Lovell leaf springs in the back.

There Australian made and heaps better steel then the chinese stuff.

Thats all the utes used in the pits up here run and there loaded up with toolbox trays etc.

Ask Aido about his experience with OME.

Just gone through Some of Aido's threads about his shock saga and it seems that there are a couple of points (That I can work out) so far.

Most big bore shocks seem to touch or have been scratched by the control arm at full extension, people on his thread report this happening with Lovell, tough dog, EFS and dobinson. Is there anyone who can provide evidence that their shocks have failed as a result of this? Despite logic saying that it must cause lateral force stress, OME are double skinned, to protect the shock from damage to outer, granted it should not be damage from poor design or fitting however.

How many companies include a new control arm?

I would have thought that ARB would be interested to hear about the franchisee if they knew how badly Aido had been treated ( or at least I hope so)

Aido did still say they were really good shocks!!! And they are the most popular in the poll.. May be should look at the older style nitro shocks and not the bigger bore nitrocharger sports?

I'm Still searching the forums to see what the outcome is/was and what ARB's company line is about the supposed " illegal" control arm Modification without an engineers certificate....

All said and done it doesn't stop me from feeling I feel aido's pain

The only thing is that arb put the one size shock all-round. When really the rear shock needs to be a smaller version. Eg efs elite up front and efs enforcers in rear. The elite shocks foul in the rear at full extension so going to the enforcer solves that problem. So pretty much saying that big bore in any brand may foul in the rear especially if u but tough dog 63mm shocks in.

Goodluck
Rusty

The only thing is that arb put the one size shock all-round. When really the rear shock needs to be a smaller version. Eg efs elite up front and efs enforcers in rear. The elite shocks foul in the rear at full extension so going to the enforcer solves that problem. So pretty much saying that big bore in any brand may foul in the rear especially if u but tough dog 63mm shocks in.

Goodluck
Rusty

Do the EFS Enforcer front shocks contact the control arms like the Elites do?

Pete

no mate my enforcer shocks are in ther rear of my d22 and i have elites up front... no the enforcers up front wont foul if the bigger efs elite shocks dont...the control arms do allow just enough gap up front for the elites shocks...its the rear thats limited to enforcer only unless u do some custom mods and change the read diff or something

I got efs all round... Elites up front and it's fine so far. I'm going to crank it up another 10pm but I still can't see there being a problem.

[Hi there,

Not carrying weight all the time just when camping with all the usual crap you carry Gen Recovery gear ect.

OME was the brand i am probably going to go for. As far as did i get torsion bars wound up hoping ARB did when they added bar ect but wife dropped off as i am in the Sudan and won't be back until end of April. Will check when i get back and replace if need be.

cheers

im lookin at the snake racing 3" kit but i might keep factory leafs in the back and just lift it with extended shackles and rancho shocks. Does any1 know if the factory leafs are ok to keep on im not carrying much in the back

Latest posts

Back