swapping from 126kw to 140kw motor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbogu

Reaction score
Howdy all is it possible to swap a 126kw motor for a newer 140kw motor?? I know there are alot of differences between them but could it be done, what would need to be swapped other than the obvious of the ecu??

I bought an 06 model about 6weeks ago and it was supposed to have had a second hand engine fitted and new head and straight after I got it I fitted new injectors and a new yd25 duel row timing chain kit for peace of mind and I'm pretty sure its just lunched the bottom end on the way to work

So I'm over old high k engines, is a swap to a new model possible

Cheers sean

Mabee a long motor swap..147kw motor has some head changes and a few extra sensors...just use every thing from the original...intake mani exhaust manifold..turbo and ecu and sensors.could well be possible!! Full engine swap would be challenging as the elect loom would need to come with it. Very interesting topic tho.

Some one else will be along soon that will know more.things i know are...ecu.fuel rail specs are higher...turbo is elect controlled...head and intake.im sure they have a air/fuel sensor..but thats not somthing to worry about unless you do a ecu swap.

yd25 do a rebuilt 2.5 with balanced crank double row timing chain upgraded oil pump and a couple of other mods for 8800. but you need the bolt on bits off ur old motor alt p/s pump turbo etc etc

We hold Exchange yd25 engines in stock.
Timing Chains
All engines are fitted with genuine nissan duplex timing chains. Our timing chain conversion kit containing the worlds best quality parts made in Japan and Australia. This is a standard feature of our rebuilt engines
Fuel Pumps
All engines will be fitted with a fuel pump. By us fitting the Fuel pumps we can select the correct fuel pump alinement shim thus assuring correct sprocket and chain alinement maximizing sprocket and chain life. We need your fuel pump and all associated mounts to fit the pump. New Denso pumps are in stock.
Crankshafts
It had come to our attention that when people do extended oil changes or use the incorrect oil that the yd25 crankshaft big ends are having oil supply issues causing big end failures. Our CNC machinist re drills the crankshaft oil galleries to the big ends. This improvement doubles the available oil flow to the big ends. All crankshaft Journals are regrpimd pr polished. We only supply our rebuilt engines with these fully drilled crankshafts. The oil gallery drillings are taped and fitted with grub screws. We do not recommended extended oil changes or incorrect oil to be used.
Oil Pumps
It has come to our attention from the motor trade and replacing timing chains that some of the original yd25 engine oil pump gears are wearing. The original gears are made from sintered carbon steel. We have high flow CNC billet steel gears made in Brisbane. We have maximized the oil pump drive boss to fully engage the harmonic balancer drive surface. We use new oil pump housings fitted with our high flow CNC billet steel gears. The new pumps are our design and exclusively available from yd25.com.au We will only fit a high flow oil pump to our engines.
Harmonic Balancer
It has come to our attention from the motor trade and replacing timing chains that some of the original yd25 engine Harmonic Balancer oil pump drive surfaces are wearing. All D40 and R51 engines will be fitted with a new Harmonic Balancer.
Internal Engine Balancing
All our rebuilt engines internal parts are balanced by brisbane engine balancing service. Pistons and piston pins, conrods are balanced to 1/10 of a gram. The crankshaft is diamamicly balance to with in 1 gram. This degree of balanceing you would expect to see in a race engine.
Cylinder heads
All engines are fitted with a brand new cylinder head new valves new shims new camshafts.
Cylinder blocks
The deck is machined and the bores are messured. if the bores are in standard specification they are given a very light hone. The oil gallieys welsh plugs and ball beareings are removed allowing total cleaning of the oil gallery systerm. Oil gallery ball bearings are replaces with bsp taped bungs. New oil gallery welsh plugs are fitted.
Warrenty
We warrent our engines for a perioud of 12 months 20 000 kms The timing chains components are warented for 24 months 40 000 kms

Ok so the main reason I wanted a 140kw was to be able to buy a later model engine with low k's, in hunting around for motors there are a lot of company saying that a 2010 motor will fit from 05-10, are they full of shit or will they all hook up the same as far as wiring goes because it would help keep the cost Down, I know they run different injectors in the 10 models but are the plugs the same cause if they are it might work and just get them coded in to my ecu

Can anyone say if I swap all my 07 126kw bits over onto a 140kw motor would it work I have mounted my 07 turbo on the 2010 motor and all looks like it should work

Just taking a guess but I would say you would need to swap everything and I mean everything. The complete long motor with all the ancillaries in tact. The ECM, complete with the whole loom, possibly even the BCM and the NATS. Good luck on that one.

The 140kW engine had a different head layout, different fuel map in the ECM and used an electronic turbo actuator rather than a solenoid oscillating at 100Hz driving a vacuum-powered actuator in the 126kW engine (although I do think some of the 140kW motors still had the vac control). The 140kW ECM will probably expect to see that turbo control, and without that turbo control you might not reach the power levels expected.

It's easier to just plug in some LPG and get 160kW (30% improvement). Add a chip (that is aware of the LPG) and get something like 180kW - yes, from the 126kW engine. Torque figures will be similarly improved. A chip like Unichip will also play with timing, improving performance further for little or no extra fuel input (depending on situation). A chip like the Steinbauer will provide more torque again.

The usual caveats apply. More power will consume more fuel, will usually produce more heat and will often produce more emissions. All figures are approximate and will vary based on piston clearances, ring condition, injector condition, intake manifold condition, valve condition etc etc.

IMO it wouldn't be worth the effort, If you are chasing improvement from the 126KW motor some simple bolt ons will be more than enough. A chip and exhaust would be a good start this will get you somewhere around 160KW for about $2500 - $3000. A motor swap will cost you over $5000 for an extra 14KW gain.

Yeah i agree with everything people have said im not after the power i have a 07 126kw i bought whole car and the motor had blown up i got a 2010 140kw motor with 90.000kms on it gearbox loom computer and dash for 4 grand and was hoping to fit it... id bought the motor on a implose but which after reading more and more could not been a good move

If you have it already id give it a go..but id start by fitting the new engine and the old bolt ons.could possibly have a manifold mismatch and the odd sensor.if you were close id love to be involved in that

Yeah i agree with everything people have said im not after the power i have a 07 126kw i bought whole car and the motor had blown up i got a 2010 140kw motor with 90.000kms on it gearbox loom computer and dash for 4 grand and was hoping to fit it... id bought the motor on a implose but which after reading more and more could not been a good move
Just reread this post..wow!! regester those new injectors and fire it up

Yeah now you have said that drop it in and give it ago if you have the ecu which is matched to the turbo and injectors that your biggest issue out the window

Latest posts

Back