Tail, park light issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mashsam

Reaction score
Hello all last weekend when towing the caravan the van lights decided to short out which in turn blew the R/H side tail and park light as well as the bullbar light all on the drivers side.
I replaced the fuse all good now my question is there is only 1 fuse for all tail lights, park etc as per the wksp manual.
Anyone know what happens if the left hand side lights fail where is the fuse for that?
PS the fuse is located under the ECU? left side under the bonnet on my 2012 D40

The ECU should be on the right hand side of the engine bay back near the brake booster. The box (in the 2012 model) on the firewall behind the turbocharger is the IPDM/ER (Intelligent Power Distribution Module/Engine Room) which combines the IPDM/ER and the fuse box of the 2010 and earlier D40s. There should be two rows of fuses and a bunch of relays (which are not replaceable).

As near as I can make out there aren't separate fuses for the two sides. The wiring diagram shows a single fuse for the "backup lamp" and another single fuse for the tail lights. If you look at the IPDM/ER with the fuses towards the bottom and consider the fuses to be in two columns, the tail light fuse is 3rd from the top in the centre and the reverse light fuse is 4th from the top on the right. Both are 10A fuses.

Latest posts

Back