Taipan XP Exhaust: People Who Have, Please Give Me Feedback.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aron1991

Reaction score
OK so Taipan XP gave me a phone call this morning after i am keen on getting the exhaust installed ( Melbourne ) does anyone have this system on their D22? Can you give me some feedback on the exhaust system itself.. How it sounds after installed, Loud inside car? hear turbo spoolup? what size exhaust it is, Thanks aron.

hey aron. joshman has a taipan system on his, so maye ask him. he has a zd30 thought not a yd25. the systems looks to be good quality and is all 3". if your handy you could get around installin it yourself save you a few $$. if i was to do mine over again i would be doing it myself. plus going a 3" system not the 2.5" i have.

Rusty

d22dave, He didn't give me a price off the top of his head tell you the truth i forgot to ask in the phone call!

Rustynav, ill get chatting with joshman and ask thanks, i reckon it looks good quality to and being the 3'' is what im after also a truck mechanic around the corner from me where we get our trucks serviced says he is a distributor for Taipan XP and chips and he can install so ill get him to do it if all goes ahead! aron.

Good stuff. I don't know where your located buy have you tried Scotts Rods in Ipswich Qld. I was taking my car there for just a dump pipe but they didn't wanna do just a dump case they needed a car to do a whole system. They had one in on Monday 24th to do a full system so they might have a pre fab system ready to go. I got one from there for a patrol and the work was top quality and customer service was good aswell.

i was quoted $1400 for 3inch steel
$2000 for stainless (supply only)
theres a link on there website
they also tried to sell me a chip for$1500 and a catchcan for $275

Have you tried Roo Systems in QLD? i got a 3" stainless mandrel bent full system inc dump, 1 cat 1 muffler in the system.. 1500 delivered to SA, they also retuned my Tunit chip. and i fitted up the exhaust myself

i've got the taipan, but i didn;t get it installed, it was on the truck when i bought it. its a pretty neat system, 3" the whole way, single hotdog muffler half way along and a cat as well. the dump pipe (unsure if its part of the taipan system) is large and has some special coating on it and also has a thread tapped into the side for an EGT sensor.

What was the performance upgrade like going from a stock exhaust to the full 3 inch?

ARB quoted me 1499 fitted for thiapan 3 inch system
Think im gonna order it this week

Latest posts

Back