Taking Nissan to VCAT

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and the new navara has the same renault diesel as well with some minor tweaks.

I've just spoken to Nissan who have gone through their records and determined that my car has part number 13028-EB300 in it. This would seem to indicate that my timing chain is potentially in danger of failing.

I think it's going to go have a night at the doctors so they can listen to it at cold start.

That's no good Tony... Are you considering doing the new timing chain upgrade or are you going to see what time has instore for you? Might call nissan and do the same even though this thread has told me my car is out of danger. Good luck Tony ��

I've been asked to deliver my car for an overnight stay at Nissan so they can have a listen at first start when it's really cold. I'm yet to make that appointment, I live about 80km from the dealer and I'm not walking home!

Do these engines have Hydraulic chain tensioners ? slotted cam gears ? I'm not up with Diesel engines only petrol based.

I've just spoken to Nissan who have gone through their records and determined that my car has part number 13028-EB300 in it. This would seem to indicate that my timing chain is potentially in danger of failing.

I think it's going to go have a night at the doctors so they can listen to it at cold start.

This is interesting. I was at a Nissan dealer in SE burbs of Melbourne recently and they advised me that there was no way of knowing which chain was installed in which motor.

Polarising.

They had my VIN number, so they looked up the parts manifest for it. I can only assume that they're keeping records of what parts are used in the vehicles at each stage.

This has two benefits for Nissan. First, they can track faulty components and know which vehicles had them fitted. Second, they will know if your car has a different part number that you've changed something.

Latest posts

Back