TD27T clean up time!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i removed my commodore motor with the gearbox on it from the engine bay tilting the motor to a 45 degree engine as you jack it up not sure if this can be done on these cars as gearbox is long good luck though :)

You can't do it that way because you get stuck between the sump hitting the front diff and the bellhousing hitting the transmission tunnel.

i will check the wd21 work shop manual im sure they would list how to remove it the nissan way

Workshop manual method is to remove the torsion bars, remove the torsion bar cross member, drop out the transmission, then lift engine out. Too much work.

I'll still be removing gearbox first, after getting the bastard torsion bars off. I don't reckon they've been off since 1992. It's an auto and I can't see any way to unbolt the torque converter from the plate without pulling the engine out first. I'm swapping both engine and gearbox so no extra work anyway. Just a bastard of a job.

Still, had the wife's Camry into Toyota to fix the aircon and it took two trips and a month just to diagnose the problem, during summer. Now waiting for another item to come in, so I'm happy to do most of my own work still on my truck.

Last edited:
Wouldn't work. Cant afford beer AND mechanic. Anyway, sitting back and looking at the bastard while working out how to do the job gives me an excuse to have a beer I CAN afford.

It's all got to go back in to tha Nav eventually so this way I get to see how it all goes together, it can be labelled etc. I'm not very good at jigsaw puzzles if I haven't seen the picture first.

Hah! What I want is your throttle body. I'll swap you my nicely lubricated one for yours. I hope that doesn't sound like a come on.

Don't worry about the plates. I'll have a crack at it myself. Picking up steel plate tomorrow and access to workshop next week. Haven't got the engine out of the terrano yet. Getting the bugger out is proving more difficult that I thought. Had to resort to the old angle grinder to remove a few exhaust bolts. Never had to do that before. But jeez it was quick :)

Would you believe I finally got around to cleaning the intake manifold of the TD27T today, almost 2 yrs later - taking a little while this project :(

I swear, had up to 1cm of grease and gunk in the manifold in some spots. Spent about an hour on it, and now its soaking in engine degreaser over night. Wish I had organised for someone to clean it up for $15 for me. Would have been money well spent.

Back