terrano help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
hey all,

mate has a 1991 nissan terran (jap import) with the td27 (r3m or something) and today i found it had a busted CV boot.

its been busted for about a month we're guessing, so its most likely contaminated and damaged from water and debris aswell as having no grease inside it.

i saw this on ebay:
Nissan Pathfinder D21 /Navara D21 CV Joint Drive Shaft - eBay, Other, Car, Truck Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 27-Sep-10 22:52:56 AEST)

i think it should fit as the terrano is basically a pathfinder/d21, but can anyone confirm if it will?

cheers,
george

If it says it will fit a Pathfinder, it will fit a Terrano. Same chassis, same body, different engine and trim level.

You can't make that assumption with the WD21-D21 comparison as there are tiny front suspension differences (ie shock absorber length) that can bring you unstuck. With the CVs I am unsure.

He may be confused with the Terrano II.

The Pathfinder and Terrano both use a WD21 chassis, both were built in Japan, they just have different names and like I said different engines and optional extras like rear disc brakes, rear LSD, power windows, sunroof, dinky little mirrors, nice seats etc. Because the Z24 Pathfinder and TD27/TD27T Terrano (1991 - I would have thought it would be a TD27T? AFAIK TD27 was only fitted without turbo to Terrano up till '88) both run a R180A front diff, the CVs will be the same. I've pulled a Terrano TD27T front diff before, it's the same as a Pathfinder.

i thought TD27 was turbo diesel 2.7? whats TD27T?

i've heard of the 27tdi i think, the newer model with the electronic injection.

i'll message him back saying its an early model, but judging by his reply he may struggle to understand as his english was well, a bit interesting haha.

this terrano:
34224_410517336838_523281838_4258017_6184781_n.jpg

Last edited:
TD is the engine series, sort of like YD.

27 is 2.7L engine capacity.

T at the end is turbo and I after that is intercooler.

Dave.

yeah its a manual terrano, but it did the clutch recently, it did the alternator recently and when getting a suspension upgrade half of all the shit was worn out and busted.

bit of a lemon hmm

yeah its a manual terrano, but it did the clutch recently, it did the alternator recently and when getting a suspension upgrade half of all the shit was worn out and busted.

bit of a lemon hmm

Every twenty year old car is a lemon, it's a lifestyle choice :sarcastic:

his first car too haha

running a hektic pod filter full time, even the 4wd shop guy reckons pod filters are great for performance and filtration!

but yeah, did his clutch 4wding his first time...bad

next time he went 4wding he drove into water with the pod filter on, i was like OMG NOOO, and his alternator later died at home draining a brand new battery (they sold him a 450cca battery, rofl)

otherwise its full of subs and speakers and yeah...

i would of sold it haha, too many issues and too many parts hassles.

my landcruiser has only set me back 1K in repairs/general maintenance servicing so i'm pretty happy with that. doing the front end rebuild was also a good learning experience so now i know how to fix issues on the trail :) i know its a landcruiser, i know you guys hate them, but hey, least i'm not scared every time i go out 4by to damage the paintwork or body work

Latest posts

Back