The 2013 ST-R and all the blanked-off bits.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cage

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new D22 ST-R and am doing my homework.

I was at the dealers today looking at all the things I didn't look at on my first visit.

Holy snappin' duck poo, this ute has the most uncomfortable seat I've ever sat in. Gotta go, ASAP!

Looked around the cabin and found all these blanked-off outlets, four on the handbrake cover and several more on the dash.

Also noticed the plugs where the other three courtesy light switches fit. Sheesh, it would have cost the Nissan about another $1.50 to actually fit the switches.

Now I do realise that Nissan are probably using this interior set-up and body shell in many other models worldwide, with varying fit-outs.

All this, of course, is leading to my musing as to whether or not there may be a universal wiring loom in use, and, and........ whether or not there may be the highly regarded negative white lead going back to the interior light from the three unconnected doors.

Now I'll freely admit that I know Jack Sh!t about auto electrics, or any sort of electrics for that matter, but I'd love to have a copy of the current D22 wiring loom and the knowledge of how to interpret it.

Cheers

Cage

Hey mate, I think you'll find there is no wiring in there at all. I just tapped into the wiring on the drivers side door switch. The switches themselves can be had from wreckers or off eBay too, a lot cheaper than nissan. The eBay ones are the same as the genuine ones anyway and brand new...

As for the switch blanks, go nuts on them. I believe Narva switches fit perfectly, Carling also make them in different configurations that fit with icons, etc on the front of them.

D22s are pretty basic as you've obviously discovered, there's a lot of customising to be done. As far as looms go, there's not a lot in there that isn't in use. I guess its their way of saving a few dollars on each one... There's not a lot of trouble running your own though. Some have suggested running some 7 core trailer wire through the firewall for connecting multiple accessories needing to be switched from inside the vehicle

As bods said their are no wires for the door switches in the standard loom. I have just fitted genuine one from eBay $5 for four Verses $100 odd each from Nissan. I think I have added close to ten extra harnesses to mine and I still need to do more. Their are no spare wires that's for sure. They are a good simple ute though.

Holy snappin' duck poo, this ute has the most uncomfortable seat I've ever sat in. Gotta go, ASAP!

Cant argue about the seat Cage, but a piece of 40mm foam cut slightly larger than the seat base and then a half decent sheepskin cover tightly secured makes a huge difference. Comfy as now!

Latest posts

Back