The stuff they report in the papers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

For those feeling a little disheartened by not attaining the same fuel figures in your Navara that the dealers stickers claim have a thought for the poor suckers buying Dmax's when they can't reach the 5.5lph figures claimed in the Dmax challenge.

http://www.isuzuute.com.au/maxrun/

The ad is a little misleading in that they don't use the LSU as shown and they really don't elaborate much on their driving habits other than to use terms like "professional", "optimum fuel economy" and "close to posted speed" which remove a lot of validity from their claims but it's not suprising to see why I never won the comp in 3 years....they drive slower than me.

And for those wanting a new ute the new Mazda has a style all of it's own, maybe they should combine the front end with a Mitsu and make a truly beautiful ute!

http://www.aussiemotoring.com/2010/10/15/new-mazda-bt50-ute/

They also had a 5 point review of the 550 and Anorak in yesterday's paper, they certainly didn't waste words as the entire thing would have been lucky to have had 300 words in total but it's not hard to guess which ute came out favourite in their eyes.

WOW!@!@!@!. That new bt50 is truly disgusting. Would people actually fork out the cash for such a monstrosity? I Suppose people bought the Ford Ka or Nissan Cube, so anything is possible.

That's why i love my D22 :thefinger:

Brett

yep that ute looks great if you like DAME EDNA and ELTON JOHN which is what the front end or was it the back.......... ah i dont know i had to look away before i was sick in my mouth.....:puke:

Don't forget that what looks good for you might not look good for others.

People actually DO buy Mahindra utes, after all.

That Mazda looks like the designer's been staring at a Triton and a Hilux - trying to take the Hilux rear door windows and the Triton cabin lines and merge them into something they can call their own.

I wonder if Ford are going to take that mould and call it a Courier, now that the front-end looks so much like a Mazda 323? I suppose they've done it before.

Let's also not forget the hideous (and borrowed from everywhere but their own imagination) Great Wall. And I've seen these things out on the street, so people ARE willing to drive around in fugly vehicles.

Managed to read all of the same articles here in the local rag.

I think the Bt-50 front end is too much Mazda 3 for my liking.
The Ranger version looks far nicer.

The article above is actually an old one (Oct 2010) the one I was reading yesterday showed the new BT-50 also has pillar-less suicide doors on one of the models if I remember the article correctly, although the term suicide might refer to what the owner wants to do once they get caught driving the thing.

Yeah and just like cars expensive doesn't always mean good looking. It's a no win situation.

Yeah but my opening post had more than BT50 info, it actually started out with ridiculous Dmax info and moved into ridiculous looking vehicles with updated information so my thread is of more importance...even if it is only to me.

Sometimes an analogy between cars & women is used.

Ugly cars are generally purchased because they are cheap. :laugh:

umm, I always thought the question with women was whether you were just renting them (short or long term) or they are part of the team. Hint Prioress(?) tale from the Canterbury Tales.

Latest posts

Back