The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V6 Navara 550

Hi there, I spoke to a dealer about the new vehicle a few months back, current only available by ordering one. Price was close to $72,000 on road, if memory serves me right.

Mines not a 550 but my dealer told me he wouldn't supply me with a fuel filter unless I gave him the VIN. 09 D40's use one of three different filters depending on when they were made but despite having the actual part number and it being my money I loose if I stuff up the moron still refused to supply me the part without a VIN. Yet the mate who I buy parts through rings up with exactly the same info orders the parts in my name and there is no questions asked.

Unfortunately this wasn't the case as I gave them the Vin but they didn't have one in stock and can't get one until Nissan release them, my dealer (parts counter) made several phone calls until he found one for me but I had to purchase it directly from the suppler.

My dealer spare parts guy is just a moron, everything is too much work for him, he resents anyone walking up knowing more than him about the bits he is selling despite the fact that he relies on a computer to tell him what bits go with what. If they weren't local and delivered for nothing they wouldn't get the business.

Hi Guys,

I had the same roaring noise from mine, sounded like a thermo fan on steroids, the temperatures in the engine bay are rediculously hot, I opened the bonnet and could barely touch the little rod thing that holds the bonnet up.

On a more serious note, I think my Turbo has shit itself, or is just starting to, has a nasty scratchy bearing noise, especially when backing off throttle under load, if its at about 2000 rpm & back off throttle it gives a squeal, i'll take it to nissan tomorrow and see what they say. Anyone else had this problem? Or any other ideas as to what it might be? I'm not a mechanic.

Rich

Hi Rich did you get to find out what is causing the roaring noise ? mines doing the same, and what happened with your turbo

Hi there, I spoke to a dealer about the new vehicle a few months back, current only available by ordering one. Price was close to $72,000 on road, if memory serves me right.

Hi Frank, why so dear i only paid $63000 for mine on road, so unless it's specced up i would go somewhere else.

Cheers,

Worm.

Nissan don't know what the roaring noise is, hence it must be normal. (that was what they said).
Turbo, well the dealer mechanic went for a drive & said it was a normal sound, although he hadn't seen the V6 diesel engine before. Do you guys cars sound like they are chewing salt when you back off the throttle?
Otherwise going good, did a fuel econo comparo feature yesterday for 4WD action, happy with the results, you'll have to buy the mag to find out more, but there was a mystery dark horse winner

Picked mine up today, 50km so far and no weird noises! Got a few small cosmetic changes planned for now, put an elec brake controller fitted and some sort of sat nav.

Have some involvement with the guys at MTQ for another car of mine and they are keen to get hold of it for a few days lol

Picked up my 550 a week ago. Currently have 700k's on the clock.
A few observations on the new acquisition - 1. Dealer preparation was generally good however bootlid was not tight enough when closed. Adjusted myself. 2. The key is rather difficult ( tight) to get into the ignition - anyone else had this problem? 3. The truck is slow off the mark and the transmission is tight when it is cold. Improves when it warms up and the motor is sweet as on a trip and around town. Quieter than I expected. 4. Did a trip this week to check fuel consumption. 361kms of flat going indicating 100-110 kph most of the way. Trip computer said aver of 9.5 l/100km and actual was 33.9 Litres. This equals 9.4L/ 100km. Thought that was OK.
However during the trip the Cruise control crapped itself and has not started again. Today went for a short drive and the Orange engine light came on - indicating some engine system malfunction. 5. The Iphone setup is dead easy and worked first time as did the IPod thru the Aux.
So, all in all a bit of good and a bit of bad. Now to have the Cruise and Indicator light checked out next week.

Dave

However during the trip the Cruise control crapped itself and has not started again. Today went for a short drive and the Orange engine light came on - indicating some engine system malfunction. 5. The Iphone setup is dead easy and worked first time as did the IPod thru the Aux.
So, all in all a bit of good and a bit of bad. Now to have the Cruise and Indicator light checked out next week.

Dave

Hey Dave just a note on your cruise control, I also had trouble with the cruise control and all it was, was a blown brake light fuse. turns out my trailer blew the fuse when i plugged the trailer lights into it. I should of know as i've had this trouble before, but these new machine are a bit more sensative than the old one was.

Anyway apart from mine being filthy and and need of a major wash it's going quite well.

I did however leave the 4wd on tonight after coming out of a paddock and that was like having the brakes on, on the bitumen that.

Cheers,
Worm

Hi Worm, thanks for the advise. Will do a check but will have to take it in for the Orange engine light to see what that is. Doesnt seem to be anything serious, all systems - other than the Cruise - seem to be ok. Hope so anyway.

Thanks,
Dave

hi there ppl, just wondering what extras come with the 550, as standard, so not to double up in after market gear, (still waiting for Brisvagas to release from import yard)

Basically and ST-X with:

Hard Lid
Tub liner
Tinted Rear Windows and Rear Doors (none on the Front Doors)
Stone Guard on the bonnet nose
the roof rack and sports bar
Fog Lights
550 Badge (the mega expensive but worth it bit)

When I ordered my one the options we purchased where:
Tow bar
Tinted front windows
Paint and interior protection
Front Light Protectors (already cracked one near Lightning Ridge best $100 vs a light)
Slim Weather Shields on front windows

No Snorkal or Bull Bar available yet.

Basically and ST-X with:

Hard Lid
Tub liner
Tinted Rear Windows and Rear Doors (none on the Front Doors)
Stone Guard on the bonnet nose
the roof rack and sports bar
Fog Lights
550 Badge (the mega expensive but worth it bit)

When I ordered my one the options we purchased where:
Tow bar
Tinted front windows
Paint and interior protection
Front Light Protectors (already cracked one near Lightning Ridge best $100 vs a light)
Slim Weather Shields on front windows

No Snorkal or Bull Bar available yet.

thanks m8, will have to write out a list then, cheers.:meeting:

A few observations on the new acquisition - 1. Dealer preparation was generally good however bootlid was not tight enough when closed. Adjusted myself. 2. The key is rather difficult ( tight) to get into the ignition - anyone else had this problem? 3. The truck is slow off the mark and the transmission is tight when it is cold. Improves when it warms up and the motor is sweet as on a trip and around town. Quieter than I expected. 4. Did a trip this week to check fuel consumption. 361kms of flat going indicating 100-110 kph most of the way. Trip computer said aver of 9.5 l/100km and actual was 33.9 Litres. This equals 9.4L/ 100km. Thought that was OK.

Dave

Hey Dave,
I have to agree with all of your points, except for the cruise problem. I have done almost 8000kms now and it has loosened up a bit. The key is still hard to get in. "Careful" driving sees economy down to 8.8ltrs/100kms. Normal combined driving gets 9.4. Overall very happy with the purchase, just need ARB to hurry up with the bullbar!!!

cheers
Jason.:cheers!:

Thought Id attach some pics from a trip to Bourke.

The one with the cotton on the side of the road is about 80k west of Moree.
The flat open road is about 40k south of Bourke (mitchel hwy). (normally this is red soil country, but there has been plenty of rain)
The Kangaroo sign with the balls is 100k south of Bourke.

I took a photo of the dash to show fuel economy, revs vs speed etc. (we got high 9s after taking fuel from Moree, otherwise we got low 9s)

The kids thought the sign was farting kangaroos ahead.

Attachments

• SAM_0316.JPG
    SAM_0316.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 94
  • SAM_0330.JPG
    SAM_0330.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 112
  • SAM_0344.JPG
    SAM_0344.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 99
  • SAM_0345.JPG
    SAM_0345.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 94
  • SAM_0350.JPG
    SAM_0350.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Hey Dave,
I have to agree with all of your points, except for the cruise problem. I have done almost 8000kms now and it has loosened up a bit. The key is still hard to get in. "Careful" driving sees economy down to 8.8ltrs/100kms. Normal combined driving gets 9.4. Overall very happy with the purchase, just need ARB to hurry up with the bullbar!!!

cheers
Jason.:cheers!:

Hi Jason,
Thanks for the reply.
Now have about 1700kms on the clock.
Had its first service and the Cruise is now working although they said it will require a software upgrade. Dealer doesnt have it yet so will await that. Engine light is still on and awaiting a part - seems like a sensor not operating correctly. Otherwise all going very well.

Dave

a third diff and four disk brakes are a must, pathfinder has them, wouldnt cost much to fit to the 3lt d40, would have made a decent vehicle of it.
mal

Disc brakes are a matter of opinion I think a reasonable price would go further to making it a decent vehicle than disc brakes would.

Better suspension would be a winner, stock stuff is terrible.
Brakes work well enough, a lot better than the ones on my king cab.

Got to put the tough dog kit on from my king cab soon, looking forward to that

Latest posts

Back