The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi choock,i used boss air air bags,had to modify them to fit nicely.
parkside reece hicth with tongue flipped over works ok for my trailer with 15psi in bags

New V6 Diesel

I just read the Nissan blurb, & I have drooled all over my keyboard.
How much I wonder.
Phil

Strap yourself in Phil mine is at the dealers now having some options fitted
Flexiglass canopy
155 litre fuel tank
Tow pack and electric brakes
Rear airbags.
Its the new model off the boat with all the Pathfinder fruit
HDD Sat Nav, Reversing camera, Electric seats, leather seats, heated seats!!
7 speaker Bose system
9.6Gb Music Box??? and some other stuff.
Are you ready for this $77,700.00 drive away..............

Strap yourself in Phil mine is at the dealers now having some options fitted
Flexiglass canopy
155 litre fuel tank
Tow pack and electric brakes
Rear airbags.
Its the new model off the boat with all the Pathfinder fruit
HDD Sat Nav, Reversing camera, Electric seats, leather seats, heated seats!!
7 speaker Bose system
9.6Gb Music Box??? and some other stuff.
Are you ready for this $77,700.00 drive away..............

Jesus christ!

Just signed on the dotted line for a white 550 ( new model with satnav and rev camera ,leather seats etc) - delivery next week. Did not get any options - will get HR towbar and window tint and maybe long range fuel tank later on.
Then some touring is in order :)

Has anyone had any engine issues with their 550?
Mine has an odd noise when the engine is under load (up hill at about 1700RPM), sounds like a knackered bearing, kinda scratchy sound, and makes a noise when back off the throttle again, most noticeable taking foot off from about 1700 RPM.
Also seem to have lost a little power & using more fuel.
Going in to nissan on monday, first time the head mechanic said it was a normal noise, even though he then said he'd never been in one before.
Also, sorry for the long winded post, I grabbed the hose from Turbo to interccooler (first rubber bit with the wire wrapped around it) today and its loose, can't imagine thats normal, but would someone mind checking theirs before I make a dick of myself?

Rich

Hey Mate howd you go have you got it sorted yet?
Lyle

Loose hose is just the outside apparently, has some sort of o ring seal inside, i'd be interested to know if anyone else has a loose feeling hose.
Looked at where i've been working and recently i've had a lot of small stuck in traffic journeys to deal with, prob why fuel consumption is up.
Noise when backing off throttle when under load is just the butterfly on turbo putting excess boost pressure back somewhere, its at the back of the engine somewhere, thats why I hear it, again i'd be interested to know if anyone else hears theirs.
Down on power, think I just got used to the car, blew my mates V6 Hilux off the lights, won't get into the habit of doing that.
Mechanic at Sydney Nissan seems to know his stuff, might actually get them to service it, never had any faith in dealer mechanics before.
Going to get the rear step sorted (plastic fell off) next week.

Driving Lights

Setting up a set of drivin lights. Where do you all connect the wire into the high beam circuit for the switch?

Test out the headlights to find high beam positive & follow it back to somewhere out of the way, use plenty heatshrink so it doesn't fk up & get the relay out of the way somewhere out of the way too.

Test out the headlights to find high beam positive & follow it back to somewhere out of the way, use plenty heatshrink so it doesn't fk up & get the relay out of the way somewhere out of the way too.

All done, just as you said. Found high beam light behind headlight and connected into it, had to remove battery to get to it. Fitted switch into spare slot near mirror adjuster. All working OK. Fitted CB at the same time. GME 3540. Made up bracket to fit handpiece and all working great.
Now onto the next project ?????

Fuel Economy

How is everyone's fuel economy going. Mine seems to be increasing when first got it 8 to 9l per 100k was normal now seems to be around 11l to 100k. Not towing at the moment. reset litre usage readout but always returns to 11. getting 630 per tank was well over 700 before. 8000k on clock.

What has been the cost for 10,000k service?

And I just thought my right foot was getting heavier..

Mines just done 6000km's and fuel economy has startted creeping up as well. At start i was getting 9-10 per 100 and now geting 11.5 to 13 per hundred.

Nust add thought that i use this for work and it is always carrying a full load in the tray and towing tandem trailer at least 4out of 6 days...

still can't complain though the fuel economy is still twice as good as the old v6 petrol triton i had...

How is everyone's fuel economy going. Mine seems to be increasing when first got it 8 to 9l per 100k was normal now seems to be around 11l to 100k. Not towing at the moment. reset litre usage readout but always returns to 11. getting 630 per tank was well over 700 before. 8000k on clock.

What has been the cost for 10,000k service?

Hi ekka my fuel has increased too around town it has gone to around 12.8lts/100km, but I haven't been out for a hway run for a while so not sure how much it has increased. I now have 17000km on it - 7500km of that towing, I paid $320 for 10000km service that was in Darwin that included a optional oil additive that suppose collect any shavings, otherwise 10000km capped price service $290
cheers Lyle

Yup my fuel is up too, was 9 odd l/100km now 11-12 l/100km around town, same fuel, same weight, same conditions. Usual useless comments from nissan. BTW the computer is out too, when dash says 12l/100km its actually about 13l/100km

I wonder if you could try the fuel map reset procedure, Rich ... it's probably different on the 550 than it is for us 4-cylinder jockeys.

Failing that, the old "get your radio pin, write down your trip meter and rip the negative lead off the battery" might have to suffice.

Be interesting to see if it works on the newer ECUs.

:hi there, ok I have a duel axle boat trailer, (overall weight including fuel gear etc), around 1.5t, and have scaled ball weight of trailer currently around 130kg, now I have been told a couple of stories, 1st was to have 10% of total weight as ball weight, 2nd have 7-9% of total weight as ball weight, and spoke to a m8 who has 5.8m boat on a duel axle trailer and is able to lift his boat off his tow ball (only uses his jockey wheel to save his back) when he lowers his boat onto hitch his car is flat out dropping 20mm which makes me think the majority of his weight is ballancing on his axles, even with 2 ppl on the back of his boat (unhitched) it dosn't tend to tip up, so any ideas... I understand with a single axle you might need extra weight on ball to stop trailer from drifting, and maybe less ball weight for a duel axle?? your opinion would be appreciated ppl, thanks.

Last edited:
ok, hi again, also trying to get wiring for spot lights and cb through fire wall..lol, anyone able to point out a gromit they used for there's or is it a case of drill and bung??

On the trailer: most trailers require 10% of their weight resting on the ball. It's to stabilise the trailer as it's being hauled around. If not enough weight rests on the towball, the trailer will sway while you're towing it and could cause you to lose control of the vehicle.

If you have too much weight on the towball the same could happen - the balance is right around the 10% mark. You can be a couple of % off and it won't hurt. Heavier rigs - 2T and over - have enough mass on the ball to maintain the coupling in the correct manner.

Dual axle rigs are quite a bit more stable and you might get away with having less ball weight, but you shouldn't. You need some weight to make sure there's no lifting of the ball couple, as the mechanism is designed to hold together through its weight - yes, there is a clamp around the ball, but that clamp should never be relied upon to retain the coupling all the time - it's only there to stop the tow couple bouncing off. The downward force of the towball weight is supposed to locate the ball in the correct position for towing.

As for your firewall, there's a grommet that is reachable on the firewall near the ABS unit. Wires passed through this grommet will poke through behind the air conditioning ductwork, but if you push a bunch of the wiring through, you should be able to snag it with your fingertips and pull it into the cabin. If you're into water crossings, don't forget to seal the grommet up with Sikaflex when you're done.

Should take delivery of my new black premium this week some time, cant wait!
Already ordered body lift, extended brake lines, XROX bull bar and some HID spotties, and ironman helper springs. Probably gonna go the cheapie 2" lift for now as well with the coil spacers and axle blocks and look at a second set of rims with 33" muddies on them.

Also in the process of designing the sign writing, were looking at a full vinal wrap in mat black with our sign writing over the top.

Good things to say about Ian Boettcher Nissan so far. From this experience and purchasing the last car I now have 3 dealers I will never go to, just from increadibly rude sales experiences but thats another story.

Anybody had any major dramas with these yet?

Should take delivery of my new black premium this week some time, cant wait!
Already ordered body lift, extended brake lines, XROX bull bar and some HID spotties, and ironman helper springs. Probably gonna go the cheapie 2" lift for now as well with the coil spacers and axle blocks and look at a second set of rims with 33" muddies on them.

Also in the process of designing the sign writing, were looking at a full vinal wrap in mat black with our sign writing over the top.

Good things to say about Ian Boettcher Nissan so far. From this experience and purchasing the last car I now have 3 dealers I will never go to, just from increadibly rude sales experiences but thats another story.

Anybody had any major dramas with these yet?

Hey mate, all I can say is Black is a pain in the arse to keep clean, damn they look good when they are clean though.
There are a couple of threads on here about bull bars, i'd be having a good read and a think before putting the bar on.
Also check out the body lift legalities as we have side airbags

I have purchased 1 vehicle from Ian boetchers at bundamba. But have had 2 cars back to them for services. Are good to deal with and helpful aswell. The extended family have only ever purchased Mazda and Nissan from Ian boetchers and have come away with great deals everytime. Recommended dealer.

Latest posts

Back