The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone had trouble with central locking on boot lid? Ours now only locks with key not with central locking. Is there a certain way to programme it to lock? All was OK but seems to now be confused.

On the economy front, took the boat for tow today did about 100k, boat around 1400Kg, was reading 10.1L / 100K, which I thought was pretty good.

Lock the boot lid manually with the key. Then the central locking will work.

If you unlock it with the key the central locking will no longer work.

Tailgate does not lock with central locking, so I leave mine permantly locked

Chris

You mean Nissan finally got around to importing Navara's with a keylock on the tailgate? About bloody time!!

Central locking is a breeze to install if that's what your after, $20 worth of parts and maybe an hour of stuffing around and the job is done then you can choose whether to keylock it or remote lock it.

Ekka, can you explain the difference between 'Enter' and 'OK' I am not having a lot of joy.

Doug

Enter when you push the button in the control on the front of radio.
OK is in the same area as the letters you use to enter the names. Just keep scrolling along and you will find it. Does not really look like it says OK but you should find it. Use it after you finish putting the name in and it will then ask you to enter number, then OK again and you should be right.
After all your names are in you can allocate them to numbers on the radio as a quick dial.
Hope this helps.

You mean Nissan finally got around to importing Navara's with a keylock on the tailgate? About bloody time!!

Central locking is a breeze to install if that's what your after, $20 worth of parts and maybe an hour of stuffing around and the job is done then you can choose whether to keylock it or remote lock it.

There you go Krafty the 550 really is an upgrade mate :thank_you2:

It's an upgrade from just about everything with a Navara badge but putting a $250 (I think that's what someone on here was quoted) keylock in a hole that was designed for such a thing is pure genius. Now if only they could stretch for the extra $20 and hook it up to the central locking.

Got my D40's nasty 40,000 service done today (ouch!). Anyway, the dealership has delivered 5 STX-550s so far and the waiting time is now out to September.

The salesman suggested the rumour on the street was that 3.0 CRD may become available in a lower spec format in 2012. Just a rumour though.

Got my D40's nasty 40,000 service done today (ouch!). Anyway, the dealership has delivered 5 STX-550s so far and the waiting time is now out to September.

The salesman suggested the rumour on the street was that 3.0 CRD may become available in a lower spec format in 2012. Just a rumour though.

So, if I'm reading that correctly phasing out of the 4 banger perhaps?

I wonder if there is a new Nav in development now the Pootrol's finished.

Took the new V6 out for a spin today, First chance to go for a decent drive since I got it last week. Had 111km on the clock when I left Aspley with the tank filled at Carseldine Caltex. Navigator registered 100 and speedo recorded 106. Trip was from Brisbane to Gympie through Wombie and Nambour on the way up and came back through Budrim, Maroochydore and caboolture - mixture of Hwy, country roads and up and down hills. Filled up again at Carseldine, total of 345 Km on the navigator and 341.1 km on the trip meter. It took 29.2 lt of fuel filled to the brim- that is 8.46 LPHK according to the Navigator distance. Throughout the trip my speed varied between 90 and 110 k on the freeway. The best performance indicated on the trip was 7.9 KPHL doing 95 Km/h on the freeway.

They may be expensive but it is a very nice car to drive. Using the gearbox in manual mode along the hilly winding roads is sensational - power to burn when you need it. It's hard to believe that another 500cc could make so much difference. This car leaves my old 2008 D40 for dead. There is no comparrison in performance. Now I can go and find a decent van to drag behind it.

Doug

Yeh that was me. My car has come back now after the first service, the items I picked up on where:

Steering Wheel not straight
Bolt on the sports bar loose (dropped out into the tub)
Scratch and dent on the bonnet
Air leaking through the passanger side rear quarter window at 110ks
The plastic molding on driver side pillar was not clipped on properly

Wyong Nissan has fixed all the above items and did the first service at no cost.

Does anyone know if theres a away to get a bit more noise out of the turbo as the car is too damn quiet.

Chris

Hey mate,

What did they do to fix the air leak in the rear quarter do you know?

Mine is doing the same.

Has anyone else found the Active Braking Limited Slip Diff (ABLS) no fun. With the stability control and the traction control off the ABLS stays on?

You can't turn the ABLS off as far as I can see. No fun for pulling a slide! A bit frustrating with all that power.

Any suggestions?

Has anyone else found the Active Braking Limited Slip Diff (ABLS) no fun. With the stability control and the traction control off the ABLS stays on?

You can't turn the ABLS off as far as I can see. No fun for pulling a slide! A bit frustrating with all that power.

Any suggestions?

Ring ARB and see if their air locker will fit.

On the Jeep Wrangler you can do some fancy hotwiring, it may be possible on these too, maybe give the Euro forums a crack.

Last edited:
Hey mate,

What did they do to fix the air leak in the rear quarter do you know?

Mine is doing the same.

Hi mines doing the same air leak left hand side, took it back for its first service, they looked at it but didn't fix it said they would have to order in a new set of seals for the whole back windows,has any one had there's fix , if so what did they do to fix it. I didn't get a owners manual with mine and the service blokes couldn't tell me what oil to put in it, they have had no courses on them and had not seen one until I took mine in for a service not good Nissan. does any one know what engine oil they use?? My steering wheel was not straight they recon the wheel alignment was out, some thing to look out for, other wise a fantastic ute

Treeman, like any modern turbo diesels that re-gulp a lot of their emissions, the oil is going to HAVE to be JASO-FD rated. That's ultra-low-ash formula. Reason being, the oil gets pushed up through the PCV (crankcase ventilation) and stuffed back in the intake to be combusted. If it's not low-ash, it'll clog up the CAT (and the DPF, if fitted) which will eventually cause the engine to lose efficiency.

My guess is they will probably recommend 5W30 like they do for the 2.5 4-bangers.

Same here - mine is doing the same. There appears to be a gap between the rubber at the top of the glass near the quarter panel

My Nav had simliar problem, could have sworn it was coming from the windows.... Dealer ended up screwin the doors up tighter ie closer to the body....fixed it...bit harder to close doors have to give em a good chuck but wind noise is ZERO:dancing:

Treeman, like any modern turbo diesels that re-gulp a lot of their emissions, the oil is going to HAVE to be JASO-FD rated. That's ultra-low-ash formula. Reason being, the oil gets pushed up through the PCV (crankcase ventilation) and stuffed back in the intake to be combusted. If it's not low-ash, it'll clog up the CAT (and the DPF, if fitted) which will eventually cause the engine to lose efficiency.

My guess is they will probably recommend 5W30 like they do for the 2.5 4-bangers.

Tony thanks for the info treeman

Hello everyone. Took mine for about 200 km drive over the weekend. Lovely to drive. 8.4 litres per 100k by the trip computor. Having trouble getting the hard lid to lock electronicaly. It will lock manually. Tried having it locked and unlocked but no joy. You can hear the lock clicking but will not lock or unlock. Getting a hayman reese towbar fitted tomorrow. Anyone had any dealings with Red Arc electric brake controllers. They have a small unit available and as space is at a premium it maybe a better option. Plod

I had a Red Arc in my Commodore. Not very happy with the unit - was supposed to be proportional but never seemed to be.

Much, much happier with the Tekonsha I had installed in my Navara. Caravan now applies its brakes as you would expect with a proportional controller. Only issue is that it is sometimes sensitive to adjust - you either get not quite enough or just a bit too much braking, but that might also be the installation angle of mine.

1372.jpg

Latest posts

Back